Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Equipment advice

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ][ridium, Feb 19, 2004.

1. ][ridium

][ridium IncGamers Member

Equipment advice

Currently have a lvl 79 bowazon and looking to upgrade equipment as ActIV hell gettin pretty tough. Currently levelling equipment..

Helm: Valkyrie Wing
    Armor: Duriels Shell
    Gloves: Mavinas Icy Clutch
    Belt: Tal Rashas Fine-Spun Cloth
    Boots: Natalyas Soul
    Bow: Lycanders Aim
    Amulet: Maras Kaleidoscope
    Rings: Ravenfrost x2

What would ppl recommend I change, and how much the eq changes will cost. I have a range of runes and items ppl may be willing to trade. Looking mainly for a WF bow, and possibly the armor, helm and bow for the mavinas battle hymn.

2. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

What kind of bowazon are we talking about? Strafe, GA, Multi, FA, IA? If it's phys dam bowazon (strafe, GA, multi), maybe you'd better change the bow. Upped Goldstrike Arch is one of the best options possible, but you can upgrade your Lyc's if you don't have good Goldstike Arch. Those are the best IMHO, not counting the WF, of course. ;)
    Maybe you'd be better off with complete Mav's Set if you use FA mainly.
    Except the bow, everything looks fine itemwise. :)

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

in addition to upgrading the lycanders or switching to an upgraded goldstrike, you should find some way to get knockback as this is a VERY useful skill for a bowazon. perhaps try crafting some hit-power gloves, or socket your bow with a nef. either of which are a pretty cheap way of getting knockback. otherwise you shouldn't be having too much difficulty (aside from the inherent difficulty of bowazons in 1.10 :teeth: )

4. ][ridium

Thnx for the help ppl. Using strafe as main attack switching betwen FA and IA depending on what im fighting. What u mean by upgrading bows, and hows this done?

5. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

So you can upgrade your exceptional Lycander's Aim for example to the elite version. It will upgrade the base item type and consequently damage and requirements.

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

The +20 to dex on Tal Rasha's belt is nice, but I would probably swap that out for a Razortail (+10 max dmg, pierce, +15 dex) or Nosferatu's Coil (slows target 10%, 5-7% life leech, +15 str, 10% IAS). Of course if you can line up more pieces of Mavina's set that is a nice way to go too.

7. ][ridium

Thankx for the info, just 1 more thing, wats the going price for the Mavinas Armor and Bow, and a buriza in runes/items? Currently got someone who is willing to trade for the items.

8. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Buriza isn't worth that much in my opinion but M'avs armor and bow are quite expensive.

9. ][ridium

Well NM Baal decided to be generous and just happene to drop me a unique gothic bow aka. Goldstrike arch. Upgraded it to a hydra bow and an quite happy with the results.

Currently got a possible trade lined up, and am offered either Mav's bow or armor. Currently have the mavs gauntlets and belt. THinking about gettin the armor since if i get the bow it'd be a bit of a waste of my new bow. Any advice what would be better?

10. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

well u have a really nice weapon there, so i would say the armor, but well i think its easier to trade the armor then the weapon so its your call :lol:
    not really of any help hey :uhhuh:

11. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

You definitely need to ditch those gloves. Something with speed at the very least, maybe Lava Gouts for the Enchant casting, which adds 101% AR...but Knockback is great too, so crafting hitpower gloves is a good alternative.

Armor is a variable here as well...Duriel's is nice, but the Cannot be frozen is the most useful mod, and you're wearing two Ravenfrosts...something with other nifty mods that you have lying around. And if you went with the Gout gloves, you could exchange a Ravenfrost for a leech ring, and get more life/mana leech.

And upgrade that bow.

12. ][ridium

Knew pumping up mf would one day pay off. Will give the lava gouts a go and see how it turns out

13. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

How are your resists doing? If you have spare points for penetrate you might be able to lose the frosty and add a rare ring with some resist and other nice mods.