Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

equiping items that support eachother (str)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Wacken, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Wacken

Wacken IncGamers Member

equiping items that support eachother (str)

I wear multiple items with + str (Tgods, Draculs, WT, Arreats)
    My character has base str and 16 from torch = 46.
    I can wear non of the items with my own str. I need to use rings and charms to get on all of my equipment.
    Every time i enter a game, my equipment shows red and i have to swap some ring and charms to get it on again.

Now i borrowed from a friend an Enigma with 77 str requirement and a CoH with a 103 str requirement. So neither of them can be worn with my base str.

If i equip the enigma, the problem is solved, i can join and leave games without getting naked. If i wear CoH, that is not the case.

Can anyone explain me how the game is trying to equip my items and why it does equip them when using Enigma while still, non of my items can be equiped without help.

2. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

There is an order the game tries to equip you items. I believe it goes from helm to armor to begin with, and then the rest I am not positive. My guess is: helm, armor, belt, weapon, shield, boots, but in no way is that considered to be gospel.

My guess is it is the tgods. Find a grizzy's armor and put 3 perfect amythests in it, that will give +50 to str. You would still have to put it on every game, but at least it would be quick and easier.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

To solve the problem, do the following:

Unequip everything with reqs. Then equip everything which can be equippeed already until all remaining items are red. Then invest into str/dex until one of them turns green. Equip it. Then continue like that until you have equipped everything. If you are ready, you are safe from the strength bug which needs equipping temporary gear. However, the game tries to equip items in a certain order when you pick up the corpse, as already said, so you might have to click on it twice.

BTW, there is a second str bug which makes equipment invisible to others when you can wear it just because of str bonuses from charms. That's only a visual effect, it looks like that for others only and not for you and all your equipment will be fully functional. I guess a lot of cookie-cutter characters suffer from that bug because all of them wear a hellfire torch and/or or Annihilus. Anyway, I for myself think it looks silly when e.g. my IK barb has no aura for the others and when he looks as if he's wearing nothing but his pants and his helm, so I invest into str accordingly.

4. Odd the Quiet

Odd the Quiet IncGamers Member

On the other hand, if you glitch your sigon helm, you dont look like you are wearing bunny ears.
    Great helms just aren't ugly, they're fug pugly.

5. Wacken

Wacken IncGamers Member

Thanx, but i have enough intelligence to solve a problem in such a way myself. I need to know how the system works as it will influence my choises in equipment (COH / Eni) and in what items i will make these runewords.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm sorry to have insulted your intelligence, but I don't know in advance what you are already knowing. I guess when your character enters a game, the gear is equipped in a way that it works with pairs of items which support each other, but in your case it might depend on a set of three or even more items. Make an experiment which makes it an issue of only two items, e.g. by adding a few +str charms (just for the experiment, of course). If it works then, it's probably as I assume.

7. Wacken

Wacken IncGamers Member

Ye, i first wanted to ask the info here so that i dont need to ga and find many different items to find out all the details :)