Equilibrium

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Equilibrium

Just saw this movie today. Man, what a kickass movie. Can't believe I missed watching it, and can't believe it wasn't a bigger hit. So much better than the original Matrix, imo, anyway. Anyone else saw it? Thoughts?

The gun martial arts were amazing. If I recall correctly, this movie had a low budget, and they did remarkbly well with the amount of money they had.

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
Carnage-DVS said:
The gun martial arts were amazing. If I recall correctly, this movie had a low budget, and they did remarkbly well with the amount of money they had.
This did have a remarkably low budget for a fairly slick looking action film with FX - it only cost 20 million according to imdb. Unfortunately it only made 1.2 million at the box office domestically and 4.1 outside the US. The dvd numbers helped that a bit I'm sure but still pretty much a failure financially.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
TopHatCat64 said:
This did have a remarkably low budget for a fairly slick looking action film with FX - it only cost 20 million according to imdb. Unfortunately it only made 1.2 million at the box office domestically and 4.1 outside the US. The dvd numbers helped that a bit I'm sure but still pretty much a failure financially.
Wow. Nowdays, 20 million is basically nothing and they did a lot with that budget. Pretty kickass movie all around.

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw it and I did like it. If it had been a higher budget film, it very well may have had better succes than The Matrix.

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
TheAmoeba said:
Great movie but a pretty crappy ending. I was impressed though, I really liked it.
i assume you mean the "rebels" storming unsuspecting guards and killing them all as if they cotton-to-fire

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Seen it when it first came out, Awsome Movie. I Saw the Trailer For it on one of Shaw's preview programming things. anyone living in Canada should know what i mean.

Site Note: Christian Bale, The Main Character Of Equilibrium. is the New Batman for Batman Begins

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
one of the best movies i have ever seen. great fighting scenes, interesting story, cool special effects, nice ending. the coolest part in the movie for me was when preston sliced his partners face :D

Akira

I was wondering about the rebel's bullet spray. You don't see people just waving their guns back and forth when they're firing in movies these days, which is why it looked odd. I never realized it was a low budget movie, clearly they put that money to use.

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
saw it 3 times in 2 weeks :D man i loved the movie! my cousin had the dvd she bought for about 10€ in one of those boxes of mixed movies, i never thought it would be so good