Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

EQ lost again due to Bnet secuirty.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Kyo, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

EQ lost again due to Bnet secuirty.

Hi All

Apologies as you all probably see this as another post about moaning about bnet but it more of discussion than anything else.

Well I am sure we have all experienced this one time or another but i have lost another piece of eq because of this bnet secuirty thing and it left me feeling sick as a parrot :xx: . All enthusiasm for db2 is at a all time low atm. but no doubt after a week cooling off i will be back in, more determined than ever

Just be careful as it probably been mentioned a number of times in the forums. Wasn't really sure which forums i should be posting but was hoping some of you statistical gurus out there could give me some encouragment.

Anyway as u all notice the bnet security feature is that if u log or rather switch been characters too frequently or too fast the system somehow recognise this and temporary disables your account for 10 mins or so before allowing you back on. Now like me this can be disasterous when your switching eq between mules. Aparantly it is meant to stop continues runs or bots or something silly like that on ladder but by the time you get back on the game u were using would have disappeared :xx:

Lost a pair magefist like this last night like this which i found whilst play normal (which was surprising) but despite being so discouraged was hope to find another pair ASAP (without tradiing) should i focus on just running on normal or would i just as easily get the same odds if not more on nm?

Was thinking on the lines that it a fairly low level eq that normal should be more chance. Been told on the sorceress forum that it shouldn't be too hard to get another?

Cheers
    Kyo

2. numbskull

numbskull Banned

what realm are you on, and are you ladder or nonladder?

3. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

I feel your pain, you can only change chars quickly 3 times before it shuts you out. Wait in the game for 2 mins each time and you will be ok

You lost magefists?

I lost a botd eth berserker axe, ethereal stone armour and tals armour :rant:

I was sooooo angry and pretty upset as well... lol, sad really when its only a game

still, I COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE lol

4. Mythreal

Mythreal IncGamers Member

Mythreal

I think we have all felt the pain of a lost item during transfers either from a lost connection or mystery failed to join game. Be happy it was just Magefist.

On the plus side, it is very exciting transfering important items and praying you don't lose em. Almost as exciting as finding them. LoL

Good luck finding another Magfist. :)

5. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

if u are non ladder i have a pair of magefists you can have

whisper me *lestat99

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Well, I haven't lost a single item, and I solo mule all the time. You just have to wait at least 30 seconds in town, and 15 seconds at the char select screen. I have been tempbanned just once using that method, and I had just finished muling. I hope that helped (and I feel sorry for all you people who have lost items, just be a little more patient ;))

7. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Sorry for your mule loss, happened to everyone I guess. Anyway, Diablo on Normal has the best chances to drop Magefists, with zero MF he should drop a pair every 500ish runs.

8. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

I'm sure a lot of people already know this, but for the ones that don't...

All you have to do is disconnect your internet and reconnect and you can sign on to your account again. Sometimes it doesn't work. - Just disconnect your internet again and log on again and you should be able to go onto any account again.

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Nope.
    Only works for dial up.
    Wait 5 seconds between switching characters, and leaving and joining games.
    On cable you need to do this.
    Open DOS.
    type ipconfig /release
    unplug your modem for a minute.
    type ipconfig /renew
    Reconnect to bnet with your new ip in time to save items.

10. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

It works for my dynamic dsl. I disconnect by choosing the option in my connection program. Hopefully I'm not some sort of exception heh.

11. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

I've also noted that if I spend time to add and subtract things from my respective chars' inventories in a muling game I keep from being CIed. I am using a dial-up.

12. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i have had this happen to me too, is what i do is after 2 characters i log off and log back on. it hasnt happen to since i stated doing this

13. numbskull

numbskull Banned

if you need a pair of magefists on USEast ladder i can hook you up with a pair, just send me a PM

14. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

if it's West ladder, I can get a pair for you too. *thefatty on West if you need to