Epic fail

thepastamafia

Diabloii.Net Member
Epic fail

Hey everyone, I am a *very* casual Diablo 2 player, I only play solo for fun, have made several characters and beaten hell, etc. So I was working on my Summoner Necromancer today, and was on the Gidbinn quest. I retrieved the blade with no problem, got back to town, and was just about to hand in the quest, when... I had a brain-fart and decided to see if I could summon an Iron Golem from The Gidbinn. Now, I was expecting for my guy to say something like "That's Impossible", but lo and behold, my Iron Golem shot up out of the blade, and it was gone. Yes I know I am a total noob for doing this, but you have to understand, it was for the lolz. Anyway, is there some way that I can restart the quest, and get the blade again? I like to complete all of the quests, its a perfectionist thing :p Thanks!

Nexo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Epic fail

Hey, thanks for the lol at morning ^^

Wish you sort it out now :wink:

thepastamafia

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey yea well y'see the thing is... being a total noob, I am not sure how to restart a quest, as I have never had to do so until now :p Could someone maybe guide me through it?

djfriesen

Diabloii.Net Member

not to be totally dense, but wouldn't you be able to just start a new game and then go back and get the gidbinn again? but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the game still recognizes your ig as the gidbinn and won't let another one drop. but then perhaps, if you unsummon it, and then start over, it will work. ive never tried though, so it's a bit of a shot in the dark.

thepastamafia

Diabloii.Net Member

not to be totally dense, but wouldn't you be able to just start a new game and then go back and get the gidbinn again? but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the game still recognizes your ig as the gidbinn and won't let another one drop. but then perhaps, if you unsummon it, and then start over, it will work. ive never tried though, so it's a bit of a shot in the dark.
Ok yea not to be totally dense, but are you talking about starting a new character?? Because that would be kindof time consuming... just sayin.

boogyman19946

Diabloii.Net Member

^ I think he meant just quitting the game and entering back in. If the quest still doesn't let you complete, maybe you have to unsummon the iron golem because the game thinks it's the gidbinn.

djfriesen

Diabloii.Net Member

^ I think he meant just quitting the game and entering back in. If the quest still doesn't let you complete, maybe you have to unsummon the iron golem because the game thinks it's the gidbinn.
^summed up well. thank you boogy. sorry i didn't make myself very clear. i am pretty interested in what happens here, as it seems like this would be a rather inconvenient bug to run into. i also prefer to do all quests (eventually).

thepastamafia

Diabloii.Net Member

alright guys, i dont have results as of yet. Upon going back on my necromancer, I realized that my panicking actually paid off, and it just appears that I have not found the Gidbinn yet. However, for the sake of everyone wanting to know, I will resummon my Iron Golem from it and try to fix the problem. However, I clicked on the Gidbinn shrine, and he did not appear. I know that this is a more common problem, so as soon as I resolve this I will cause another problem for myself :)

Romak

Diabloii.Net Member

Seriously, this makes me think. Always after I get the potion from alkor, the scroll from malah etc, I keep wondering what will happen if I just throw it and leave the game...

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

I think the best one is the Quest items that can't make it from one game to the next in your stash, have not tested in a long time but the map showing the Tristim portal stones to click on worked like that, once you clicked and read the order to click in the current game, if you went to town and put it in stash and exited in the next game it was gone from stash, (don't open portal first or it's open next game you make) or all the other players items for a lot of quests that require assembly of them poofing if a party member makes the final item needed and you exit with them in your stash.
Inventory was fine but if in stash Poof!

I forget if in cube but think it was dependent on cube location (i.e. inventory or stash)