Entry forms for the MFL

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
I had originally entered three, so I will remove the blizz sorc.

I will be running:

HammerSpammer level 90 Hammerdin
Charsis_Lover Level ** Meteorb Sorc

The sets idea sounds like a good move. Having 3 hours per character would be cool, although the timing might have to change. Would it be you play for 3 hours, then just say which was your best find in the 1st hour, 2nd and 3rd hour, or would we do 1 hours play, post result, then wait until the enemy posts his, before begining set 2. Otherwise, it'll still bascially be the person who find the best 3 items in the time limit, which is like what you have now.

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
Cormallon said:
As I understand the rules, we are not restricted to specific areas, so I won't assign targets for my chars, just let's see how things turn out.

One remark though: If there are to be 3 rounds per week, I can't afford that. Two chars with 2 hours each I can manage, but no more, since I want to play other chars as well and not dedicate all my time towards MF.
Yep, I like the idea too of no area restrictions. About the 3 rounds, I think you got it a little wrong. The 3 in question would be hours, separated into one hour each increments where you would stop and ascertain your best item for that interval before moving on. Also, if there is a problem with time, only enter one char. But as I said, I was just floating ideas in my head, this is nothing permanent here.

@FB, you would do them all at once, so it would be more like the MFO, where its my best 3 against your best 3, which means I start not to like it as much, as I don't really want an MFO here.

DougTheHead2 said:
@FB, you would do them all at once, so it would be more like the MFO, where its my best 3 against your best 3, which means I start not to like it as much, as I don't really want an MFO here.
Yea, you'd basically be doing micro-MFO's aginst 1 person at a time. Like yiou im starting to think it'll be less fun that way. Either work it so each player has 3 days to complete 1 set, so each round lasts 9 days in total, or drop the set idea, go back to 2 hour session like before. Or maybe a 1 hour session per round. that'll make it so it will really be up to luck as to who wins, no amount of MF to guarentee you victory.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
Yea, you'd basically be doing micro-MFO's aginst 1 person at a time. Like yiou im starting to think it'll be less fun that way. Either work it so each player has 3 days to complete 1 set, so each round lasts 9 days in total, or drop the set idea, go back to 2 hour session like before. Or maybe a 1 hour session per round. that'll make it so it will really be up to luck as to who wins, no amount of MF to guarentee you victory.
Yes something like this can happen:

player 1: crap | crap | stormlash
player 2: better crap | better crap | crap

In the set idea player 2 wins?
I would rather stick with the previous idea.
(But I will be happy with each format unless it will require much time spent).

bracket A
player 1 v player 2 - match 1
player 3 v player 4 - match 2
player 5 v player 6 - match 3
player 7 v player 8 - match 4
player 9 v player 10 - match 5
player 11 v player 12 - match 6

winner 1 v loser 6 - match 7
winner 2 v loser 5 - match 8
winner 3 v loser 4 - match 9
winner 4 v loser 3 - match 10
winner 5 v loser 2 - match 11
winner 6 v loser 1 - match 12

winner 7 v winner 8 - match 13
winner 9 v winner 1 - match 14
winner 11 v winner 12 - match 15

winner 13 v winner 14 v winner 15 - match 16

Have the same for backet B, then the winner of each brakcet faces off to decide the overall winner.
The 3-way matchup at the end is just in case there isnt the right numbers to have proper semi finals and finals, and adds more flavour.
Just an idea.
As for individual matches, im going for 1 hour of Mfing per round, with the judges decidiong on who has the better item (not just basing it on rarity since it can come from any monster.)
Im bored, as you can probably tell.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
The 3 in question would be hours, separated into one hour each increments where you would stop and ascertain your best item for that interval before moving on.
Oh, I had 3 matches at 2 hours in mind, that would make 6 hours per char and week ;) So your 1 hour per match and 3 matches are only 3 hours... Well, just my opinion: one hour per match is probably not enough to get reasonable results... Baal and Pit runs take perhaps 10-15 minutes (in fact my hammerdin needs 20 minutes for pit), and in one hour you could do only 4-6 runs there. At least that's by far not enough for pits. Two hours there is still not much, but you may get at least something.

I vote for KISS ... keep it small and simple ;)

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
@FBob: What is the purpose of the second round in your system? Double KO system is much better.

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
We are going to do the first time around a bracket, double elimination, NCAA style, with one 2-hour match. I was just entertaining ideas in my head ways to improve future seasons.

Hrus said:
@FBob: What is the purpose of the second round in your system? Double KO system is much better.
The point is you can lose the first round (unlucky drops etc) and still get through, and it means more rounds, so shoul be harder to win overall.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
The point is you can lose the first round (unlucky drops etc) and still get through, and it means more rounds, so shoul be harder to win overall.
Yes, but losing the first round doesn't penalize you. Losing the first round you still have the same chance of winning the second round and become an overall winner as the winner of your challenge. Everything important is in the 2nd round. That is making the first round not so important. (Ughh bad English here, sorry, I hope you understand what I wanted to say.)

Hrus said:
Yes, but losing the first round doesn't penalize you. Losing the first round you still have the same chance of winning the second round and become an overall winner as the winner of your challenge. Everything important is in the 2nd round. That is making the first round not so important. (Ughh bad English here, sorry, I hope you understand what I wanted to say.)
yea, you do have a point. ok, go for double KO style thing instead.
So when will the signing up end and when will we know the brackets and entrants?

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
yea, you do have a point. ok, go for double KO style thing instead.
So when will the signing up end and when will we know the brackets and entrants?
eh, 48 to 72 hours, brackets will go up. In about 24 hours I will post a complete list of entrants so far.

I just wanna make sure everyone who wants in gets in. The first week will actually be almost a week and a half to smooth out any kinks in the system. I can tell you week 2 will begin on Easter weekend (4/03)

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
Um, yeah, the above that says easter is the 3rd of April...

I was wrong. I can't wrap my head around the fact its in March! Anyway, the date is correct, but the labeling of the weekend a holiday was incorrect.

;)

loverat

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi =)

I have been languishing in playing another game and adminning a really busy website but still quietly playing some hours per week of Diablo 2. Because as you all know, its like malaria and never really leaves your blood.

Now it is time to take a little break before I start willy nilly banning site users or even tracking them down and killing them =) And what do I spy MFL!!

I would like to enter three chars: (don't ya luv not working)

Ratalicious Level 94 Multizon
Slappalore Level 92 FO/Met Sorc
Spiffy Level 92 Fishymancer

I thank you for taking the time to run this league and if you need any help give me a yodel =D

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
i didn't manage to get through this thread before but now i did, and i'm in definitely, great idea the leauge, heh

anyway i'm in with only one char, Katzenjammer, lvl92 speed'a'zon, i'm running with her the lvl99 race, but don't actually mind to wrap her up with a mf suit whatsoever, so... let's kick it

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
49 entrants so far. I am going to allow the original 3 per char, as we are getting nice and close to a magic number 64. Ron, I reinstated your 3rd char, as it looked like you withdrew him becuz of the new limit.

Anyone else? We have 15 slots open for more forummers, or 2nd and 3rd entrants for the currently involved. I will post brackets in roughly 12 or 24 hours.

Cattleya Anala - FO/FB Sorceress
Cattleya Pheonix - Scythe Enchantress
chicagofan51 Kahleil: lvl 86 Frost Zealot
chicagofan51 Minsc: lvl 84 Conc Barb
Cormallon Ro-Mura - Hydra Sorc (lv 86)
Cormallon Gilad - Hammerdin (lv **)
Corrupted - ???
DougTheHead2 Patty, lvl 80 strafer
DougTheHead2 Kleavuj, lvl 90 LFzon
DougTheHead2 Rathe, lvl89 fishy
DriveC Hammerz Level 91
DriveC ThrustMaster Level 91 - LF/CSzon
DX-Crawler Snowy_Ploppy lvl 96 Blizzard/Firewall
factory Katzenjammer, lvl92 speed'a'zon
farting bob Helanthic_morla lvl 93 blizz sorc
farting bob Thiblen necromancer
FodderCannoned Ginger LvL 83 Blizzard sorc
FodderCannoned Thanatos LvL 87 zealot
Gabriel74 Gabriel lvl 96 hammerdin
greenmind Zodd lvl 86 fishymancer
Hrus Viraya, lvl 93 LF/CS zon
Hrus Hecathe, lvl 80 Blizzsorc
Illiana Fainne, level 89 Blizzard
JihadJesus Jamaica, lvl 82 Enchantress
JihadJesus ElectricLady, lvl 90 javazon
jjscud Dara, my lvl 87 Strafazon
jjscud ShieldMaiden, lvl 95 CS/LF Zon
loverat Ratalicious Level 94 Multizon
loverat Slappalore Level 92 FO/Met Sorc
loverat Spiffy Level 92 Fishymancer
mad.as.a.meataxe Kiara, lvl 92 Pure Lightning Zon
mad.as.a.meataxe Jezebel, lvl 90 Meteorb
Masas loko - lv 90 Lightning Sorc
Masas Swiss_Cheese - lv 93 PvM Liberator
Masas Windruid - lv 92
necrolemming Marissa, 90 Blizzsorc
necrolemming Leroy_James, 95 Usamamancer
nobo Mariella, L88 LFzon
nobo Nocturon, L89 Fishymancer
ron HammerSpammer level 90 Hammerdin
ron Charsis_Lover Level ** Meteorb Sorc
ron Spudz Level 87 Blizzard Sorc
shermo lvl 94 bliz/fb sorc
shermo lvl 93 bliz sorc
shermo lvl 97 hammerdin
Sint Nikolaas Level 95 Meteorb
stormlash Spellshaper lvl ** Meteorb
stormlash Makoy lvl 87 Skellimance
sunbearie Catte-brie lvl 92 lightning zon

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
49 entrants so far. I am going to allow the original 3 per char, as we are getting nice and close to a magic number 64. Ron, I reinstated your 3rd char, as it looked like you withdrew him becuz of the new limit.

Anyone else? We have 15 slots open for more forummers, or 2nd and 3rd entrants for the currently involved. I will post brackets in roughly 12 or 24 hours.
If you really need another char I can pull out my lvl 97 CL/FO sorc. I wouldn't like to do this, but if you're stuck at 63 entrants orso, I'll fill up.

''Mil & Sam''

ps. I don't like to pull out that char since I retired all my old chars..