Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Entry forms for the MFL

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DougTheHead2, Mar 19, 2005.

1. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

Entry forms for the MFL

Hello once again. I am chomping at the bit to get this started, so let's get begin.

A quickie rules intro:

1. Enter up to 3 characters of any level, build, or HC SC. You must be prepared to MF for 2 hours for each character though per week, so enter accordingly. EDIT: it is entirely possible your characters may face each other. I think it would still be fun, a sibling rivalry. :laugh:
    2. The number of entrants will determine the format for the league. If we have <32, it will be a bracket. More than that, I think I found a league method that will be lots of fun. I bet we get more than 32 also ;)
    3. The prize will be a trophy. No entry fee, no stashes, so HC/SC can be interchangeable. Trophy still TBA.
    4. At the beginning of the week, matches will be announced (say Sundayish). On Thurs/Fri-ish, a results thread will begin, where everyone can report their entered item. Saturday we'll do any necessary judging, and Sunday will have new matches announced.

===================================================
    This entry thread will be up for a couple of days to ensure maximum exposure to SPF'ers.

DougTheHead2 characters for Season 1 of the MFL

Kleavuj, lvl 90 LFzon
    Patty, lvl 83 strafer

2. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

ElectricLady, lvl 90 javazon
    Jamaica, lvl 82 (I think) Enchantress

I can't play until next week (3/27 or so), I won't be around until then. Hopefully there's a bit of delay before the tourny kicks off.

3. DougTheHead2

I don't think we ll start the competition until around then. I might post the first matchups about next Friday, to make sure the first round goes smoothly, but the earliest the first results would be due in would be 3-31.

I am leaning towards an 8 week regular season, with a 4 week championship. However, with only so many players left, that championship time could be dramatically lowered if contestants are available to compete in smaller intervals. Hell, the whole thing could speed up so that a week is 5 days, if we all decide the pace is glacial.

Also, the only penalty for missing a week is a loss, so fear not people. If you compete 6 of the eight weeks, you could still make the playoffs with some good luck. However, that is if we get past the bracket magic number...

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well i havent tread the whole of the other MFL thread, but i will join and see how it goes.

Helanthic_morla lvl 93 blizz sorc

2 questions though (probably been answered in other thread, but i havent read it all yet)
    1. we can do the 2 hours whenever we like during the week, or at a set time given in advance? or something like 'anytime between monday midnight and wednesday noon'
    2. Will we be able to add characters later? Maybe at the end of each month have the bottom 4 characters removed and the first 4 new characters posted join for the next month? This would make it much more fun imo.
    EDIT: just looked at DTH2's post, seems like there already is a monthly relegation etc. anyway, can you just clarify, after the normal season, how will you decide the playoffs, and are they just like a normal cup competitiopn (winner advances, loser is out)?
    In her majesties country, we dont have play offs in our sport events, at least not any sport worth watching on TV.

5. DougTheHead2

Question 1: Whenever you like. You can even break it up into 4 30 mn segments if it's all you can do.
    Question 2: New characters may not be added in midseason. New entries will be taken at the start of each season, which we aim for about 2-3 months each as long as interest holds.

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Viraya, lvl 93 LF/CS zon
    Hecathe, lvl 80 Blizzsorc

7. DougTheHead2

Man, while I was cleaning the house just now, I thought of too many problems with a league. I think I'm changing that to brackets, no matter the number of entrants. I mean, in the league/swiss, once you lose twice you would be pretty much out of it anyway, and the brackets would go faster anyway.

8. DriveC

DriveC IncGamers Member

Hammerz Level 91 - use your brain
    ThrustMaster Level 91 - LF/CSzon

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You got a pyschic hammer sin to lvl 91? wow, im impressed... Oh wait, you mean that other kind of hammers, yea, there just as good i suppose. :p
    So we are still having this swiss cheese rule, but with brackets? or something more simple?

10. DougTheHead2

no swiss, simple double elimination brackets

11. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

lvl 94 bliz/fb sorc; baal running

lvl 93 bliz sorc; AT/cow level

lvl 97 hammerdin; pit running.

All swiss, all the time.

12. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Introducing Cattleya's MFL entries:

Pheonix - Scythe Enchantress
    A young 76, and with a whopping 39% MF, Pheonix is hoping her knack for finding useful items will save her from elimination. She can boast some of my best (most useful) finds to date, including a perfect Ravenfrost (NM Duriel) and a 10/20 Ruby S.C of Vita.

Areas: NM Andy, Duriel, CS/Diablo, Hell Mausoleum

Anala - FO/FB Sorceress
    A more traditional MF character, Anala is a more seasoned 86, with 270% MF. She made a decent showing in the last MFO, pulling in a Death Cleaver, Grizwold's Honor, and a perfect ED Gladiator's Bane.

Area: Hell Pit

13. chicagofan51

chicagofan51 IncGamers Member

Chicagofan51's entrants:

Kahleil: lvl 86 Frost Zealot- certainly an underdog, but he did manage to find Tal's armor and Gris's Shield :)

Minsc: lvl 84 Conc Barb- Lucky to find the perfect Meph run map

14. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

I'm in!

Kiara, lvl 92 (she may be 93 by the time it starts) Pure Lightning Zon
    Jezebel, lvl 90 Meteorb

Looking forward to it! I would put in another but I think 4hrs a week is enough commitment for now.

15. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I only have one character right now, but I'm ready to do 6 hours with it, if it's allowed :-]

16. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Level 95 Meteorb (allthough she's more of a FO/FB nowadays).
    That's the one softcore/mf char I have, allthough I can run pits, meph, pindle, diablo and baal with her.

17. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Snowy_Ploppy lvl 96 Blizzard/Firewall

DX

18. greenmind

greenmind IncGamers Member

Zodd lvl 86 fishymancer.
    This should be alot of fun ;)

19. DougTheHead2

=P

Only one slot per character. As Cattleya shows, even non MF characters can enter. All you have to do is find a nice charm, or rune, or rare... Every character can have a chance! Enter a brand new character, find a sanders cap... hey, you could win your week's match!

20. corax

corax IncGamers Member

i'd like to enter but i don't know what characters yet.
    definetly 2 for me though.

Also if you want DTH2 i'd be happy to sponsor a prize for the winner of the competition. sound good to you?