Enter the Septuple Sept

I think Butz slowly got absorbed into RL and quietly left.
However, i recommend using frontpage or something simular, you can do all the nice presentation and stuff easily without knowing anything, then annoy durf until he lets you put it on his site.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Is anybody still taking care of butz's old sept page? I remember there were a lot of people going for that at some point.

Anyhows... As you'd expect, progress is made kinda slow here. A couple chars are on their way through normal, NM and one is already in Hell. In the meantime I'm trying to finalise builds, names and gear for each of these people. The WW sin is parked at level 55 right now. Need to find a good claw before continuing with her. Ribcracker necro is at 68 in act 1 hell, don't feel like playing him right now. WW barb is still a lowly level 13 but the mauler bear is progressing nicely. Currently he's around 42 in NM. 14 more levels until he can use his endgame weapon. :) Maxing shockwave and loving it. If it were easier to aim this would really be one of the top notch crowd control spells. Still good, though.

I'm pretty sure the ribcracker amazon will get replaced, simply because nothing justifies using a ribcracker on an amazon. For all my other chars I usually had a good excuse. Not quite sure what will take her place but I think it's going to be a pure bow sorc relying solely on physical damage, like the one I've got in SC.

With the assassins I'm pretty happy. Not sure about bladefury, though. Seems to leave a lot of points unspent. Might go for traps again since I've played so many MA sins already.

Barbarians seem alright except for the leaper. Maybe I'll play one of the magi barbs after all. Still up in the air, though. Or I'll get a barb that uses leap for crowd control and one of the attack skills I used for other builds to kill stuff.

Druids seem good, too. Don't think I'll change much here.

The necs on the other hand might need some work. 7) will definetly be replaced by a golemmancer. I'm also debating making Venom (TalDolMal) to abuse the synergy bug for a poison dagger / something hybrid. Problem is that even with the bug this is going to suck big time.

The Pallies and the sorcs are alright again. Gotta look up how smite works, though, since I have no clue so far. :D

#endgame

Diabloii.Net Member
Mojomancers are weak, yes, but I think a Zookeeper/Mojo/Arty hybrid would work reasonably well. I'm working on a test one right now, but I'm not game to try Duriel until I get some revives (perhaps a HC test char wasn't the wisest thing I ever did :)).

Main skills:
Skelly Mastery
Revive
Confuse
Amp
CE.

I began by pumping mastery fast, and it left me playing like a really weak skellymancer (2-3 skellys, 1 mage and gumby). There's probably enough room to hybridise with bone if you don't overdo the CE.

Nightfish said:
I'm pretty sure the ribcracker amazon will get replaced, simply because nothing justifies using a ribcracker on an amazon. For all my other chars I usually had a good excuse. Not quite sure what will take her place but I think it's going to be a pure bow sorc relying solely on physical damage, like the one I've got in SC.
But i thought you were aiming for a sept of ribcracker builds that was part of your septuple sept?
A tankazon can be taken through hell, jiansonz did it in HC right? and a ribcracker is a good weapon, it'll just be slow going since theres no damage boostin skill, other than CS. anyway, i think you should carry on with her.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
#endgame said:
Mojomancers are weak, yes, but I think a Zookeeper/Mojo/Arty hybrid would work reasonably well.
I doubt not that it's doable, but it would probably be just a weakened bonemancer variant. And if I play another variant of something I'll take the one that flies best through normal and nightmare. This is probably a good chance to give mages and iron maiden a test so I'll probably shoot for 2 skelliemancer variants there.

fartingbob said:
But i thought you were aiming for a sept of ribcracker builds that was part of your septuple sept?
A tankazon can be taken through hell, jiansonz did it in HC right? and a ribcracker is a good weapon, it'll just be slow going since theres no damage boostin skill, other than CS. anyway, i think you should carry on with her.
Oh yes, it's definetly doable. But I don't think it would be fun. Maybe for somebody else but not for me. I always need a half decent excuse for something. That's one of the constant things you find in all my chars, even if they seem underpowered at first. If the only reason to use something is "because it makes the char weaker" that just doesn't work for me. If I wanted a tankazon it would be with a spear or javelin and jab, impale or fend.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
don't use IM for a returnomancer. use a thorns merc and amp dmg.

far more damage returned.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not looking for the fastest way to kill, corax, I already found that. (also, notice how important one little "," can be? :D) I'm looking at how good iron maiden could be. ;) I'll still be using a Might merc and will switch my curse to amp when fighting ranged monsters / spell casters.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
yes very important those ",". saves me a lot of.. trouble?

was just making sure you weren't going to make the same noobish mistake i did with my returnomancer. but i realized when i was lvl 22 so wasnt too late to start again.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, the fact that iron maiden only works against roughly 50% of all monsters makes it kinda so-so by default which is why I never seriously considered it for my skelliemancer. It's one of those skills you can probably make work but the only reason to do so is for the sheer hell of it.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, here's some specifcs on builds I have started / will start soon. (relevant skills only, prereqs omitted)

Barak - Mauler Bear

Skills:
20 Shockwave
20 Lycan
20 Werebear
20 Maul
1 Grizzly

Gear & Merc
Probably shooting for Ribcracker again. Not quite sure if he's going for high defence or not. He's got decent crowd control, might not need defence. Merc either defiance or might. Will pick might in NM and see if I need to swap in hell.

Progress:
Currently in Nightmare, level 42. I'm moderately happy with him. He does as well as can be expected from a druid with a single target skill.

Revan - Golemmancer

Skills:
20 Golemmastery
20 Blood Golem
20 Fire Golem
1 Iron Golem
5+Summon Resist
20 CE
1 Bone Armour
1 in most Curses

Gear & Merc
I'm not quite sure yet. Might merc is a given and I think I'll use the marrowwalk bug to beef up bone armour and enter melee with a ribcracker. So he'll use angelic jewelry and Demon Limb for enchanting.

Progress:
Act 2 normal, level 20 or so. Going strong due to low level twinkage. Plan is to use high end weapons to other characters find for iron golem to get some sort of use out of it. Got a perfect ethereal windhammer waiting, along with half a dozen hellslayers, several IK Mauls and other goodies. CE will do it's part too.

Gengis - Avenger

Skills:
20 Vengeance
~10 Conviction
16 Res Fire
16 Res Cold
16 Res Light

Gear & Merc
Ribcracker, Darksight Helm. n'uff said. Probably shaftstop, Dracul's or LoH. Might merc with delirium.

Progress:
Following the path of Gengis_Chuck who played a ribcracker avenger back in the 1.10s beta. Currently Level 34, Act 5 Normal. Kicking ass with an upgraded Steeldriver.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
A Golemancer that is NOT based on the idea of the golem mostly dealing damage by getting hit? Nice!

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
A Golemancer that is NOT based on the idea of the golem mostly dealing damage by getting hit? Nice!
Yeah. :) He's level 25 now and doing just great. At level 24 I used this to make an iron golem:

Bonesnap
War Club
Two-Hand Damage: 207 to 305
Durability: 56 of 60
Required Strength: 124
Required Level: 30
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xc72e764a
+292% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +30%
Required Level +5
200% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow

I don't think duriel ever went down in 4-5 hits to a golemmancer before. :D Golem didn't even take a scratch with his 1.2k life.

I've got a bunch of other useful items to make IGs from, namely several IK Mauls, an eth baranar's, 295% ED eth Bonesnap (yet to be upgraded), eth lycander's flank, eth spire of honor, 4 Hellslayers, 3 windhammers, 2 ethereal edges, 2 tomb reavers, 4 reapers' toll, 4 Bonehew's, and of course this baby:

Windhammer
Ogre Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 340 to 470
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 225
Required Level: 68
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x8cb2555b
+196% Enhanced Damage
60% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Chance to cast Level 22 Twister on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

I think I'll socket it with an Amn before that, though, that's why I didn't use it right away.

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
On your Iron Golems, don't you need to avoid exiting the game or turning off your computer so you don't lose your IG?

How long do your IGs live before you need to create another by using another weapon?