Enter the Septuple Sept

Nightfish said:
Yeah, probably. But what other not-totally wacky build is there?
Singer. I finished mine in SC with only 1 death IIRC, and that was early and stupid. As long as you stun the groups of ranged attackers quick, the melee'ers cannot touch you. Also, hell cows is the funniest thing ever.
  1. leap into group of 40 cows.
  2. sing your pwning song
  3. walk out with the whole group dead and you didnt get hit once.

Alien

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Yeah, probably. But what other not-totally wacky build is there?
make a magi-barb like someone on here already said, or make a singer barb. Warcry with maxxed synergies does quite a bit of damage.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno, I think I lack the patience for singers. Magi barb sounds kinda weird, too. ^_^ I like my chars to be dependant on their skills if at all possible. Maybe I'll take up the intentionally weak builds once I'm done with everything halfway feasible.

necrolemming said:
I'm pretty sure Vindicator = Smiter. Bob = nub :p
Further proves my point about cryptic names, and my n00bness.
Singers can do ok speed on P1, but above that its a slog.
Of course, you could go for the coolest barb of them all - a fartarian!

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
slappy sam said:
You could make a skellymancer like mine...
20 Raise Skeleton
20 Raise Skeleton Mage
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Corpse Explosion
1 in all curses, prerequisites, and golem stuffs!
~95 skill points
Woah, someone tells the author of fishymancer how to make skellinec XD

And as long as leap is seriously bugged you arent going to make that leaperbarb.

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Necromancer
1. Fishymancer (done)
2. Bonemancer (to do)
3. Poisonmancer (to do)
4. Ribcracker Melee-Skelliehybrid (to do)
5. Lord of Mages (to do)
6. Iron Maiden Skellie/Poison Hybrid (to do)
7. Skellymancer (Warrior & Mages) (?) (to do)

Hmm... You do seem to have some redundancy in here, don't you... May I make couple suggestions?

Necromancer
1. Fishymancer (done)
2. Bonemancer (to do)
3. Poisonmancer (to do)
4. Ribcracker Melee-Skelliehybrid (to do)
5. Lord of Mages (to do)
6. Daggermancer (to do)
7. Iron Maiden/FireGolemmancer (to do)

Just to release you from the skeleton monotany. :D

A thought, anyway.

Porius

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
I am doing something similar, a coordinated series of four septs. I have some different rules, basically Sept #1 must be finished before Sept#2 begins, and each build must max (or heavily utilze) two skills that are not maxed by any other build. And each character type must have at least one ranged build and one melee build! Twinked but only with items found within the 4XSept.

I am not planning to go beyond fours septs because of the problems you've noted - no fifth necro build.

I notice you've not included a Charged Boltress. She might offer more variety than some of your last few Sorc builds. And consider a Dtalon/Venom build for your Sin.

For your Necro builds, maybe consider a mojo/attomancer with a Fire Golem to help with Bosses? Even a dentist (same points as a boner, but uses high-level teeth.) I am personally skeptical of the Jailer build, but maybe that.

Nightfish, is there any way to make a golemmancer work? Max GMast, CG, probably Fire G, points in SumRes, and Lower Resist? If any one could solve the Golemmancer puzzle, it would be you.

FYI, here are the 4x Sept builds I'm working/planning on:

1. Sorc: Meteororb;Cl-FO;Blizzard; Enchantress
2. Zon: Lightning Javazon; Strafeazon; FA Bowazon; Spearazon
3. 'Sin: TS/Dtail; Blade Fury; Dtalon/Traps; Phoenix Strike
4. Barb: Bezerker; Conc; Frenzy; Throw Barb
5. Necro: Bonemancer; Poisonmancer; Fishymancer; Meleemancer
6. Paladin: Avenger; Tesladin; Templar/Vindicator; Frost Zealot or Fanatical Zealot or Ranger
7. Druid: Fury Werewolf; Wind Druid; Shockwave Bear; Fire Druid (or Hunter/Summon)

Sidhe

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
Pure Warcry Barb.

I demand it.

Now.
*giggles st00pidly* You think demanding works without being a girl? ;)

But Nightfish, a Warcry Barb would be great fun! And fun is what this game is about, remember?

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Sidhe said:
*giggles st00pidly* You think demanding works without being a girl? ;)
Yes. Yes it does.

I'm a very large individual.

I can FORCE people to do things. By threatening their safety.

Oh, and Nightfish should LOVE a Warcry barb. They have every possible wanted element of crowd control.

They just kind of suck at killing bosses quickly.

Pro's of a Warcry Barb:
-Dual Wizardspike grants both huge mana and resistances bonus.
-Being able to ditch high damage and defense gear for +skills beefs BO WAY up, making your life/mana pool huge.
-Caster gear is easy on strength, so more Vit for you
-No blocking needed when you've got maxed resists and 5k life
-Can stun and weaken huge crowds of monsters for upwards of 7-8 seconds. Making it fairly safe to be without blocking
-Barbs have the same cast breakpoints as a sorceress, and can reach very high cast rates very easily

Cons of a Warcry Barb:
-Takes them a while to get started
-War Cry doesn't do amazing damage at higher levels making you rely on your merc for 90% of all fights.
-Boss fights are going to be TERRIBLE. You'll have to probably use the EthEthEthEthEthUm Phase Blade and Goblin Toe(or Gore Rider)/Guillaumes to wear them down.
-Boss fights. They suck.
-You can't constantly spam War Cry even with 3k mana. It just consumes too much, too quickly.
-Pretty boring sometimes when you've got everything stunned and battle cry'd and nothing is moving or hurting you. :p
-Did I mention how much boss fights are going to suck?

Sidhe

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
Yes. Yes it does.

I'm a very large individual.

I can FORCE people to do things. By threatening their safety.
[spam]
You might be 'dashing', you're still no girl ;)
[/spam]

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for all your input people, I'm not going to quote stuff because I'm too lazy so I'll just go with the Name: Reply format here. ^_^

Porius, yeah, there is some redundancy, I said that myself, too. :) Problem is, the other builds are more like tournament builds that just don't feel right to me. I always need a good reason to use any given skill and "ooooh, that's the one that cripples my char teh most1!111!!" isn't really a good one. Therefore, no mojomancer or firegolem/IM mancer. I was going to use ironmaiden on a skellievariant. Another option is a trying another hybrid, hybrids are always cool.
I've already tried a daggermancer and in the end I just used poison nova which I had for a synergy since PDagger was just so much less efficient.

Quick, you missed sorc #6: Charged Bolt / FO. :D Hehe, thanks for thinking I might be capable of making a golemmancer but I'm really kinda sceptical of these people. I have an idea that might work but I'm really not so sure. Even with every available skill maxed he would probably skill suck pretty bad. I might give it a shot, though. But he if turns out unsalvagable I'll just go with the hybrid.

Dashy & Siddy: No, thanks, I really don't need a warcry barb. While I do love crowd control I sorta don't love waiting 2hours for stuff to die. My berserker ended up warcrying himself to level 40 in the WS K in normal and that was more boredom than I could handle. :D Depending on how badly bugged leap / leap attack is I will have to think of something else, though. I remember that somebody mentioned that leap can be good for crowd control so maybe that's something I can exploit. Max leap and use some kinda of attack skill. Well, I can always play that guy last. Gives me time to think on it.

As of now, I've got the Ribcracker Necro, the WW Barb and the Mauler Bear underway. Next is the WW Assassin, I think since I have 4 Guls in my stash ever since my first 4 guardians passed the Hellforge. I will probably have to read that guide first, though. ^_^ (and I need to find a 3s claw)

Dashy, your warcry barb is basically i singer, which i suggested earlier and he turned it down.
And theres nothing wrong with 5 of his 7 necro builds using skeles, there wonderful and very useful for HC.

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Since someone asked about the golemmancer, and I think that this would work, here's a suggestion (and, yes, I'm planning on doing one myself).

Summoning

Clay Golem: 1
Blood Golem: 10-20 (depending on Golem deaths)
Iron Golem: 1
Fire Golem: 20
Golem Mastery: 20
Summon Resist: 1

Curses:

Amplify Damage: 1
Dim Vision: 1
Confuse: 5
Attract: 5

Poison & Bone:

Teeth: 1
Corpse Explosion: 5-10 (or maybe even just one)

Plan:

Go with a thorns merc, use amplify damage to get the damage return pretty high, then explode some corpses to clean up. The fire golem does some fire damage (400+ points at 20th level) and at higher levels, may actually hurt some people with that, too. With his holy fire aura, he'll attract most, if not all creatures in the area to him.

Use the NF crushing blow set up for bosses, and you should be pretty good. Two tanks, fire and physical damage, as long as you are at a pretty low players setting, you should make it.

Just a thought...

Porius

edited with more info.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I've got a different idea for my golemmancer... :) Will see how it works. I think you might want more CE for yours, though. ;)

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
. . .Magi barb sounds kinda weird, too. ^_^ I like my chars to be dependant on their skills if at all possible. . . .
I resemble that!!

nice quest Nightfish good luck with it.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
barren said:
This post is proof positive that nightfish is insane. That's 35 pats/mats in total!
Sorry, you've failed to grasp the true scope of my insanity. That's 49 in total. And it's Guardians, not pats / mats.

If I knew how to make and where to host a website I'd make one to update my progress. Sadly, my skills are limited to D2 and writing guides. (and making sidhe giggle ^_^ ) Whatever happened to butz's site? (man, I miss butz :( )

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
I've got a different idea for my golemmancer... :) Will see how it works. I think you might want more CE for yours, though. ;)

I might, but then again, they will be grouped together pretty good, I think. I don't know how much I'll need in blood golem, yet, so I don't know how many points I have to spend...

Porius

BTW, I have ideas for 3 different golemmancers, one of which I'm playing right now... :D