Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

enough evidence?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CookiesnCream, Jan 30, 2004.

1. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

enough evidence?

Well, after starting playing hardcore, I went into a free item games, the sorc dropped skin of vipermagi, atmas wail, alibaba, etc. I didn't get any of them. I mean as soon as they hit the floor the item disappeared. Maybe it was because of all the people crowding around or something. I was on a lvl1 barb, so she gave me IK GLOVES! through the trade screen. this was now my best HC item. I was pretty excited. However, there was this guy in the game who said he had annihilus small charm and wanted to trade the ik for it you guys know where this is going. The first thought came to my head was that really old bar trick. However he decided to trade by dropping outside of town. But I was outside of town and he was inside of town, I really couldn't see a scam in this since he was inside of town. So he drops his charm and picks it back up. I drop my ik gloves, it never hits the floor. He had "grabit" or "pickit". He used that hack to scam me:(. but I got a lot of incriminating screenshot, very incriminating. :D . "Grab it" is considered a third party program so do you think a couple of screenshots would be enough evidence?

2. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Screenshots are EASILY faked.
    Feel free to send them to blizzard, but chances of them actually doing anything, are slim to none.

3. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Send the screenshots to blizzard and they will monitor the Accused. if they find that the Accused is using a third party program then they will take action.

4. TempestWinds

TempestWinds IncGamers Member

Grabit and Pickit DO NOT work in town. Sorry.
    If you really want to get someone banned or something, try finding a legitimate reason.
    Again I state:
    GRABIT AND PICKIT PROGRAMS DO NOT WORK IN TOWN!

5. MinasMorgul

Even if the Accused wasent using a Grab it or Pick it program, and he sent in a few screenshots and text describing odd behavior, Blizzard will monitor it, if they find something wrong they will take action.

6. CookiesnCream

How did he get my item then? it didn't hit the floor. I dropped it and it just disappeared. I took screenshots of him admitting that he had grab it. Is that good evidence?

7. TempestWinds

He must have a new version that has created a way for it to work in town.
    Otherwise, you could've EASILY fabricated the screenshots, it's not hard.
    Not to mention, why don't you post the screenshots?
    Sorry if I'm a little aggressive, I'm in a foul mood....
    My aplogies for my last post, that was immature of me to make accusations. :(

8. MinasMorgul

just a discription is good enough for blizzard to look into it, but they won't take action unless they find something wrong, just include the Account of the person who took your item, what realm, and your account.screenshots do help alot though, but are not Necessary

9. CookiesnCream

lol I have no clue how to fabricate screenshoots. And I don't know how to post the screen shots either. But if you tell me, I will, that is after I send them to Blizzard. Probably a week later after they are done monitoring him. I don't want any chances of the hacker to come see these screenshots and stop using grab it or anything lol. I want him to get caught because he jacked me. I just wanted to see if screenshots were enough evidence for Blizzard to take action.

10. niven42

niven42 IncGamers Member

well, not quite

Pickit will pick up an un-i.d.'ed item in town. I know this because i've forgotten to turn it off during mule games... :p

My accounts were already banned for using it, so don't bother notifying Blizzard because of this post.

11. TempestWinds

Not anymore, at least, not on Id'ed items. Unless there is a new version that has found a way around that. Not to mention, the pickit/grabit programs can't just grab through walls, that's maphack right there.

12. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

so thats why I cant pick up a damn thing in baal runs anymore.

13. Si1enta5sa5sin

Si1enta5sa5sin IncGamers Member

Pickit can't pick up items through walls as far as I know.

14. TempestWinds

Maphack has an Infravision ability that lets you see through, and grab through, walls.

15. niven42

niven42 IncGamers Member

The consequences of these actions...

Even though they use information about the game that is stored locally (i.e. on your hard drive) about item locations and map layout, Maphack, Pick-it, Grab-it, and a host of other programs all contain exploits that can enable you to do things you wouldn't ordinarily be able to do on the realms, such as picking up items in locations you wouldn't normally be able to see, being notified when a set or unique drops out of your view, etc, etc...

I cannot stress enough that there is code running on battle.net servers that detects and prosecutes these actions. I have been banned once and a friend of mine has been banned twice. There is nothing that you can do to get your accounts back once Bnet takes them away from you. If you are repeatedly getting 'your connection has been interrupted' followed by 'realm down' messages, then you have already been tagged by the detection software. If you continue to use the offending program after these warnings, then you deserve everything coming to you.

Niven
    -hack free since 9-29-03.