Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

enigma: why mageplate?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zuriel, Oct 2, 2006.

1. zuriel

zuriel IncGamers Member

enigma: why mageplate?

Every single enigma i've seen is in mageplate. Why is this? Mageplate doesn't have the highest armor. Is it because of the required strength/armor ratio?

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

The most popular armors for Enigma (in order of rarity) are :

breast plate
    mage plate
    dusk shroud
    Archon plate

Breast plate - lowest str in the game. Any char can wear one of these with base str if they have an anni and torch, even if they're both 10/10

Mage - much higher defense than breast plate (usually by close to 200), more durability, and most characters can use one of these with base strength. Necros and sorcs may be a little on the edge, but mara's tends to give them that nudge.

dusk shroud - used for chars with decent starting strength and some +str on gear. Also has one of the best defense/requirements ratio.

Archon - it's shiny. Almost no chars can use this with base strength, and adding strength defeats the purpose of enigma anyway. Oh well.

3. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

I never really understood why people made Enigma in Archon plates, since you're pretty much forced to add strength, while you can use a Dusk shroud... Also, the only advantage I see to a Breast plate is that it's cheaper to get by trading.

Oh, and I certainly don't understand people who make Enigma in a Sacred Armor.

4. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

If you need 175+ strenght anyway then an archon plate is the better choise than a dusk shroud. You will not loose any stat points and end up with a better(I know the diffrence isn't big) defence.

5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

some ppl use these on barbs

and btw i really like enigma wyrmhide, it looks cool on pali

6. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Hmm... I hardly ever put points in strength... I believe that the strength points you have to give up to wear the armor (a LOT) isn't worth the extra defense.

I like Dusk Shroud better on a pally! :grin: With a Wyrmhide, he looks like he's wearing a T-shirt...

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Yeha, a T-shirt with a thousand defense!