Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enigma vs CoH

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Harby, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

Enigma vs CoH

Right now I am wearing an upgraded perfect vipermagi with um (which I am very pleased with) but I see that I will need either CoH or Enigma for the +1 skill in the future. The point is I cant really decide on which. If we assume that both offer 8% DR I dont really know if I need more the +65 res all or the higher defense/life after each kill. (Enigmas STR doesnt matter since I have made a big enough investement in STR for storm and my STR is 156+ without wearing storm (or even WT))

Waiting for comments :)

2. Lantto

Lantto IncGamers Member

If you have no use for the str I'm pretty sure CoH is better.

3. theonetruspoon

theonetruspoon IncGamers Member

Of course CoH.

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Chains of honor all the way :thumbsup:

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

CoH, you already have Teleport.

But the %MF is also very nice on Enigma though.

6. Mage_Killer

Mage_Killer IncGamers Member

another chains of honor vote here

7. Verocity

Verocity IncGamers Member

CoH - Enigma is useless on a sorc. If you want MF, put on a skulders and do MF runs. The +65 resists go a long way to freeing up gear for more killing power. Used one for my sorc and loved it.

Downside? Missed the FCR of my old Vipermagi but owned hell none the less. :)

8. The-Deity

The-Deity IncGamers Member

I vote for Enigma, also I think Enigma is geting a bad rep on sorcs it has some very nice mods on it for a caster. So what you dont need tele it also has 14 life after each kill I dont have to use heals at all!. and the 15% goes to mana is nice to have along with the +str and the 8% dr with the max %5 to life and mf. I use a wiz so I dont have to worry about res fcr or mana. I have enough +skills to get by with +11. sorry if that went on for a bit but thats my 2 cents. either one is top of the line.

9. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Both are very good, depending on your sorc. Enigma if you need the strength to equip a high strength required item, such as Stormshield. MF is nice, so is 5% more life, 8% DR (which CoH has though), and damage returned to mana not bad either.

However, some people would choose Chains because the strength bonus will mean nothing to them if their heaviest item is a Skin of the Vipermagi. Also, resists are nice, especially since 1.10 has all these damgerous elemental monsters. Both armors have +skill, which is really ncie also.

10. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

if I have to choose it's obviously for CoH, assuming that it's all PvM killing.

but hmmm....hoto+viper give 70%FCR(to hit 8frame breakpoint), and allows you to put less pts in mana(you can wear frosties/2soj instead of fcr items).

I doubt you'll really miss the +1 skills..

11. justkidding199

justkidding199 IncGamers Member

You can always socket vipermagi with a rainbow facet for killing power... Use VIPERMAGI!!!!!~!!!~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~! :teeth:

12. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Engima has much better trade value though, and you can switch armour between chars more easily.

13. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

I agree with this. The thing most people don't understand what is great so great about Enigma is not only the abilities it gives, but the abilities it allows you to have. With a properly build sorc, Enigma allows you to max PDR, max block and on top of that allows 130 extra life on a sorc becasue of the STR bonus it gives. The LaK almost acts as good as a leech for a sorc due do most of them mass killing abilities. The SS boost resists considerabley. When ever I build a sorc, this is the first armor I reach for.

'shed

14. niomosy

niomosy IncGamers Member

I'd vote Enigma.

All you're really getting from CoH is the resists and another +1 to skills. You're wasting the damage to demons, damage to undead and life leech. If you're questing, you've probably got a fair amount of resists coming from elsewhere and would likely do better with a Vipermagi or something. If you're mf'ing, you'll definitely do better with Enigma, Skullder's, Tal's or even Wealth.

The only time I'd really see a Sorc using CoH is an Enchantress. My Enchantress is dying for CoH.

15. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

I have to go for Chains..it rocks!

The 65%res is gonna help alot...I'm gonna be switchin out my Um'ed 49res Vipermagi for Chains here soon.. (anyone wanna buy? lookin for cold facets..)

Engima really has changed the face of pk. Ele druids/Necs, SOME barbs/hammerdins can do great now. I think chains would be best for you..
    Great mods, one of the best armors for a sorc in 1.10.

Holla anytime if you want some advice or w/e...

*anjelpk Nonladder SC USWEST

16. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i would vote twitch, but that doesn't seem to be an option, so ill go as old school as i can: vipermagi.

but this really only depends on the gear around it. each option has its own major bonus. and if you don't get it from the armor, you'll get it elsewhere.

17. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

if this is pvm, CoH is best here. if pvp enigmas str is a major help to gear options as well as more life from both the jah rune and the vita u get from the saved str, but IMO best sorc armor for pvp is upg viper, no sorc should be with out the 105%fcr in pvp, that casting speed will help with dueling where more ppl are using casting builds in 1.1. fcr is a major factor in dueling vs other casters that maybe teleporting. i have both enigma and coh and i like my viper over them, just my opinions :)

18. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Then use Upgraded Vipermagi and put Chains of Honor on your merc. It has some pretty nice stats for a melee merc too.

19. PiscesIscariot

PiscesIscariot Banned

Word.

My Blizz sorc uses Enigma and my Merc uses COH. He does about 3k dmg with botd and coh combined, easy.

Unkillable.

20. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Also consider saving the two skillpoints in telekinesis and teleport, that is, if you could imagine building an mf char based on the enigma. I built several singleplayer sorcs based around enigma, they usually end up pretty good. 105 % cast is no prob even with enigma, and you can get energy shield from a memory staff or the like. And then there is the obvious bonuses like the +str, enabling you to put more in vita or energy and the frw, having a nice % frw on a sorc is not a bad thing. You'll still reach the 142 % fhr breakpoint somehow, or maybe just settle with 86. Just my 0.2 $.