Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enigma sorc - get Teleport?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by couio, Feb 16, 2004.

1. couio

couio IncGamers Member

Enigma sorc - get Teleport?

Any reason to get teleport if I'm going to use Enigma? I heard on forums that Enigma's teleport isn’t quite as good as sorc's tele... why is that? Does it apply only to other classes?

Of course, the idea behind not getting teleport is saving 2 skills points (no I don't use Telekinesis since it was nerfed), which I certainly won't have too many of... so every point counts.

Of course, waiting to be able to wear Enigma without teleport is going to be a pain in the ***

But if it won't make a difference in my teleporting in the end, I'm willing to endure. Will +skills work with that kind of +to skill too? I assume yes.

Anything I'm failing to see here?

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Not using Telekinesis is to your own disadvantage. Its the best skill to stun, knock back bosses/monster that exist sofar, or monsters immune to your elemental-attacks, so your merc can take care of them more easily 8)

Have not heard anything about the +1 Teleport on Enigma beiing less good that the 1 skill itself. Maybe its affected differently by FCR?

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

If you've got Enigma, and you're positive that you're going to wear it indefinately, use the teleport on the Armour by all means. It does save you 2 skillpoints, and it's *only* a support spell.

And no, Enigma tele does NOT work differently then sorc tele .......... on a sorc. What you've been reading about Enigma tele being different then a sorcs is that the spell-casting delays (Cast Rate) are different for all chars (except Barbs who have the same CR)

To elaborate, a sorc who is going to teleport blindly a lot of times want's (or should want) a 9 FPS casting delay, since 9 FPS is also the delay in most monsters attack (hence you don't get hit .... much) To reach this 9 FPS threshold, you need at least 63% FCR (Faster Cast Rate) But a Paladin for instance needs 125% FCR to reach the desired 9 FPS casting delay. This is the ONLY difference you've been hearing of.

And on your last question, +skills work just the same as every other +skill on a native skill. On a sorc that means you get the bonus from + to all skills AND + to sorc skills. The Paladin for instance would only benefit from + to all skills for his teleport and NOT from his + to pala skills.

But as for the sorc, just be carefull on what your plans with her are. When you don't put the points in teleport and you do want to switch gear, you've seriously crippled your sorc. @ lvl 90+ this would be a serious pain to overcome.

4. Stiertje

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that.

Telekinesis is a seriously overlooked skill. Most people complain about it being nerfed because they can't get the l33t itamz before other chars have a chance, that they don't see the other things you can do with it.

I for instance use Telekinesis to stun Fire/Cold Immunes so my merc can kill them. I also use them to pick up potions without having to walk/teleport and pick up. First use is of course the most usefull :)

5. melianor

*hehe* stjertje, you tell me. i also find the second use very useful. When you play sorc alot you learn to not walk/run at all if possible. Running around picking up gold and potions is just plain annoying. I noticed this now since i started playing a Barb.

But the first is definitly the most useful one. Just thinking of Lord de Seis getting slammed into the nearest wall of CS unable to do ANYTHING at all, while my Merc tears him apart :D

6. Stiertje

It's actually quite funny to look at all those chars running around to get the health potions (sorcs too) and then stop just near one because I picked it up without moving :rolleyes:

7. melianor

You nasty Sorc! :D
    For me it also the way to get to Reju potions fast before anyone else picks them.

8. couio

couio IncGamers Member

Damn, these things are never simple. It's as expected for the teleport, thanks for confirmation and details.

It's true that telekinesis can be useful, but I think it's unfair to sorcs that it was nerfed as now it's us that don't get much chance to get items unless we go for max block / max DR and tank, which I find a bit less than elegant. But I'll not get into this, just repling to the "complaining because now non-sorcs get a change at getting items". The barb is right beside where the item drops, so he had has much chance to get it than me with telek. Oh well, I play solo or with friends for items, that's the solution I found.

Second, I usually teleport besides potions to pick, which isnt longer than changing quickspell, casting, then changing again. And I don't pick much gold and potions anyway... YMMV.

The stunning use is useful, I used it a couple times, but fire/cold immunes are pretty rare and my (high def, 50% DR, holy freeze with DOOM, etc) merc usually has no problem tanking them (when he has it's because they have too much life, it takes too long, and telek doesn't help that much with that... so I skip them.)

But I'm still not sure what I'll do... telek can be useful, no telep till level 65 will suck, but 2 points extra in firebolt does mean about 400 dmg on fireball and meteor 600-700 on meteor in the end... :)

Oh well thanks for the advice everyone.

9. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Barb and Paladin might have a chance to pick up if the items were dropped near them, but how about those Amazon and Necromancer? They will never had a chance to pick up anything.

Well it is fair now as those who want items will all gather around the boss and see who will get lucky :) Try to cast a TP when Baal nearly dead, it is fun for a laugh. Those that bashing the mouse button will go into the TP and will not be able to come back for some times.

It is a contest, but ruined by the GrapIt hack. Shame on those who use it.