Enigma question

snowBlizz

Diabloii.Net Member
Enigma question

I have a little question here
if my armor enigma has 1000 def, and the extra def is 760, and the ed is 15,
will the def then be 2045
(1000+760: 100=17.6 x 115=2024)

or will the total def only be 1000, coz the 760 extra def and the 15 ed already is added?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
If the total defense of the armor after you have made it says 1000, then it'll be 1000. After you've made the runeword, any defense modifications on the armor itself (including the superior mod, and any defense values granted by the runeword) will already have taken into account for the armor. If you're enigma armor is indeed displaying 1000 defense, and you rolled a +760 defense from the enigma runeword, and the armor has 15% Enhanced Defense, then the armor's base defense was 209.

If you want to determine how much an enigma armor's defense will be, just remember that straight +defense is calculated after the % defense on the armor itself. So basically, it would be:

Base Armor Defense * Superior Defense + Straight Defense Bonus

So an enigma made in a 15% superior, 510 base defense archon plate would be (assuming you rolled +760 defense on the enigma runeword):

510 * 1.15 + 760
586 + 760
1346 defense

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
themachine said:
That and about 100K for repairs each time you go to town.
Nope. That 1 defense is inherent. You can't assign an ingame repair cost for it; you can't get an armor without it to compare.

Kull

Diabloii.Net Member
Milb said:
Thats false, all superior items have added repair costs.
I see only significant increase in the cost when the item has ed/dura ... I am talking about my personal experince.

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Kull said:
I see only significant increase in the cost when the item has ed/dura ... I am talking about my personal experince.
Just done a quick test, Honor Ettin Axe - none superior = 146 per durability
15ed no dura Honor Ettin Axe = 1.6k per point