Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enigma or Bramble for poison necro? (PvM)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by RibGriller, Sep 29, 2006.

1. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

Enigma or Bramble for poison necro? (PvM)

I'm new to posting here, but have been a loyal reader for months and I was just thinking about what would be better for the poison/summon hybrid. With Enigma you can tele around and not have to worry about being trapped much. But, the Bramble has the - Enemy poison resist. What do you guys think is better?

ATM I can only dream of actually owning either one, but which should I dream of? :cloud9:

Thanks for your opinions...

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Bramble has +% poison damage, not -% enemy poison resist.

3. Delwrick

Delwrick Banned

I say go with bramble for poison dmg.
    But if you rely more on your minions Enigma has better benefits than bramble.

4. RibGriller

Oops, had + and - on Bramble backwards. Just checked Bramble -- +100% psn dmg is just craziness! :jig:

What if I had 20 RS, and 1 SM and of course I'd have all the + skills. Would I be relying heavily on my minions if I had one perfect poison facet, dweb and 3 piece trangs?

5. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

from the sounds of it, i'd say your build is definately more focused around poison, with your skellies acting as kind of a mobile shield. but i dunno it may be a different story if you're planning on maxing sm.:tongue:

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

7. RibGriller

I'd definitely go with just one point in SM because I already have a 20 RS and 20 SM poison necro. :wink3:

I'm just imagining my skellies running up to one group, and having another coming up from behind me. I thought it'd be easier to tele and reposition the troups, rather than running to bfe so that my skellies would follow, and then run all the way back to fight again.

Or, would a Bramble pump my pnova up enough so that I could quickly kill off the first group, then move to the second without my necro getting sandwiched.

Or, put one point in Bonewall and use it to seal off my backside? :scratch:

8. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

bramble is better if you dont mind running everywhere, otherwise tele is awesome... although with minions your tele will be slow and laggy regardless of fcr

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I vote for Bramble too. With the +% poison from Trangs, Bramble, and maybe some Facets (maybe you should get a DWeb too, for the -% enemy res) you'll be able to truck most stuff fast enough to be safe. Just worry about the multitudes of annoying stacked-Poison immunes.

10. RibGriller

Thanks guys, I think I have more in favor of Bramble than Enigma. I guess I'll dream away about it. I agree Lord Nyax, the Dweb oh so nice for the build, and seems more attainable atm. :thumbsup: