Enigma Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraknal

Diabloii.Net Member
Enigma Crisis

I finally got this armor and now i really regret it. Reason why is it loses durability and is etheral! For something that took forever to get you'd atleast think it would be indestructible but nope its a ticking time bomb because when this armor reaches 0 its useless. So im wondering,

>For something expensive and hard to get why is it so sought after when it loses durabilty and will cease to become useful unless you feel like making more of them when yours reaches 0 durability.

>is their anyway humanly possible to make this thing take no damage or make it indestrucible. As the sockets on my are full because of what it took to make it.

if their is no hope then i may aswell give it to my merc and using something else. ~thanks for the replys

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Enigma Crisis

Why did you make it in an ethereal armor in the first place?

Also, there is no fix to this I'm afraid.

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member

You weren't supposed to make it in an ethereal armor base.

... er. Yeah. :p

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay, may your drops be gold and green.

/kicks crotch

Ladvarian

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forum and may your stay here be nice and as omg said.

..., may your drops be gold and green.

/kicks crotch
Not to derail this message, but omg I thought we only kicked the shins? Oh well, since you are an elite unique (girl, for the newcomer) I guess you can kick there. Puts on protective gear for myself from omg. ;p

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forum. None of us really believe that someone who aquired the runes (legitly) for an Enigma could possibly not understand the workings of Ethereal gear. So you're not going to get much satisfaction. No one is even going to call you names or anything. All we'll say is that you'll eventually find the runes to make one is a normal suit, so keep right on playing. The typical armor seems to be a regular (not superior) breastplate.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

I finally got this armor and now i really regret it. Reason why is it loses durability and is etheral!
How did you get it? Did you make the runeword yourself?

For something that took forever to get you'd atleast think it would be indestructible but nope its a ticking time bomb because when this armor reaches 0 its useless.
Some runewords are indestructible and others aren't. What made you think it would be? Just an unfortunate assumption? You should probably read up on runewords on the Arreat Summit before you make any more.

>For something expensive and hard to get why is it so sought after when it loses durabilty and will cease to become useful unless you feel like making more of them when yours reaches 0 durability.
Because it normally isn't ethereal unless you choose to make it so.

>is their anyway humanly possible to make this thing take no damage or make it indestrucible. As the sockets on my are full because of what it took to make it.
Runewords only work in items that have the exact number needed, so it could have been worse. You could have tried to make it in a 4 socket armor and completely wasted the runes. At least this way you have a fairly nice merc armor.

Greebo

Diabloii.Net Member

OK, for a long time I was quite happy about 1.13c and it's increased rune drop rates. I mean, I finally got some nice RWs of my own. Assuming the runes from this thread are legit, which I highly doubt.

This thread made me change my mind.

Anyone else remember the time when you actually READ ABOUT THE RUNEWORD you're trying to make before using the runes?

Or, I don't know, Enigma not being the first runeword you ever make?

I mean, come on! What is this? Just, wow.

--Greebo

Mandingo

Diabloii.Net Member

I for one am not surprised. This is not a new phenomenon. But the previous poster was correct. We may see an increase in this sort of post in 1.13.

bcoe

Diabloii.Net Member

Even in 1.13, I find it hard to imagine that someone would legitmately find the runes for Enigma without having some basic understanding of game mechanics. To get a Jah, you have to at least be able to kill monsters in hell difficulty. Hard to believe that you can do that without knowing what "ethereal" means in D2. The OP says he/she "finally" got this. "Finally?" After how many minutes of playing? Really?

skipjack

Diabloii.Net Member

Am I the only one curious with regards to what type of armor the Enigma was socketed in?

Fyourics

Diabloii.Net Member

Even in 1.13, I find it hard to imagine that someone would legitmately find the runes for Enigma without having some basic understanding of game mechanics. To get a Jah, you have to at least be able to kill monsters in hell difficulty. Hard to believe that you can do that without knowing what "ethereal" means in D2. The OP says he/she "finally" got this. "Finally?" After how many minutes of playing? Really?
My thoughts exactly. I mean WTF is up with this?

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member

Since you seem to have gotten the runes for Enigma so easily, there is a fix for you. Put the armor in the Horadric Cube along with a Hel rune and a scroll of Town Portal. Hit 'transmute'. Sell the armor. Find a three-socket non-ethereal armor, and another set of Jah, Ith, and Ber runes. Socket the non-ethereal armor with those, and presto, it's like your armor went from non-repairable to repairable, and you're all set. [/sarcasm]

I, too, cannot believe that somebody could legitimately acquire those runes, and still be so igorant of basic game mechanics. I smell hax.

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member

I smell troll...

...if not, Prudence is the only runeword you can actually make in an ethereal armor even if you use it on your character, because of the self-repair mod.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

I smell troll...
Quite possibly.

But, hey, here's an idea for everyone....let's not make Thyiad's head explode by calling the OP a haxxor or a cheettor. Have we really forgotten so quickly? Plus, should we really be so vitriolic with someone on their first post? Especially since it's possible this is a troll who is looking for exactly that for amusement?

Status
Not open for further replies.