enigma armor

devasher

Diabloii.Net Member
enigma armor

I'm running a meteorb build and I want to wear enigma, but I was wondering what type of armor to make it out of. I know a lot of people like to make it out of mage or archon plates, but I don't know if the reasons for that apply to sorcs. anyone have any ideas?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
devasher said:
I'm running a meteorb build and I want to wear enigma, but I was wondering what type of armor to make it out of. I know a lot of people like to make it out of mage or archon plates, but I don't know if the reasons for that apply to sorcs. anyone have any ideas?
Low requirements combined with high defence = Archon rulez. And it is a light armor so it doesn't slow you down and make your stamina drain faster while running. (Even sorcs run sometimes, but it's not a big issue for them)

IIDX

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
Low requirements combined with high defence = Archon rulez. And it is a light armor so it doesn't slow you down and make your stamina drain faster while running. (Even sorcs run sometimes, but it's not a big issue for them)
i dont consider 103str archon low requirement. yes it has high defense, but its practically useless for a sorc.

make it out of a mage plate, preferable with ed. only 50 str req.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm... why Enigma? Using such an expensive armour on a sorc seems wasteful to me. They only get partial benefit, as they can naturally have teleport. Stat points usually aren't so tight with a sorc that you would need to smuch strength, except maybe for Enchantresses.

Well, if you insist on giving it to your sorc instead of a paladin or assassin or something, I'd put it in a Dusk Shroud. Decent defense, and 77 req strength isn't too bad, I usually have strength that high anyway to wear plated belts in normal, and this would give almost enough strength to wear Stormshield.

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
robes with +3 to fireball or frozen orb would be a much better choice if you want to wear killing armor, if it is just pvm wear talrashas or skullders as they get more mf

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
get a perfect one and um and upd it,

+1 to all skills
50 all resists
900+ def
30 fcr

what more could you want in a armor for a sorc ?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
rawrj said:
get a perfect one and um and upd it,

+1 to all skills
50 all resists
900+ def
30 fcr

what more could you want in a armor for a sorc ?
perhaps he wants more mf and lots of stength?

IIDX

Diabloii.Net Member
purpose of having enigma if for its great bonus str...also adding to the factor of 2skill, 8dr, mf, frw

FodderCannoned said:
robes with +3 to fireball or frozen orb would be a much better choice if you want to wear killing armor, if it is just pvm wear talrashas or skullders as they get more mf
Ormus can't get 3+ orb

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going for Nigma, I suggest BP. If you're going for SS along, then might as well get a Mage.

Mf / FRW on Enigma is pretty nice, but don't forget CoH either with its nice Resi boost.

- Dennis

EIgenwijs99

Diabloii.Net Member
well i suggest you get enigma armor in the armor where you don't have to spend any points in str. maybe 1 or 2 if it makes a great deal of def
cheers

Speedster

Diabloii.Net Member
Another 'why enigma?' vote for sorcs. CoH is excellent - resists will help you more than the strength bonus. 156 strength isn't that hard to get by the time you can use a monarch. :rolleyes:

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
just str bug !!!

and coh gives 20 str i think and ss gives 30 so you only need 106 if you str bug correctly

btw the best armor for enigma is a 3 soc shadow plate ^.^ or for a poor mans one a 3 soc cracked quilted armor i wish i could get one of those all my enigmas would be those onyl 12 str to use woot ^.^

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
IIDX said:
i dont consider 103str archon low requirement. yes it has high defense, but its practically useless for a sorc.

make it out of a mage plate, preferable with ed. only 50 str req.
I'm with this guy:) although I consider COH to be pretty much the best armor in the game, Enigma would be very cool for MF runes that aren't very dangerous (Mephisto, Shenk, Pindle) with it's huge faster run/walk and MF/+2 skills.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
FRW is a minor concern for a sorc... and I still think the only real reason to use Enigma is Teleport, everything else is just gravy. Sorcs get such poor returns for their vitality investment that an extra 50 pts of strength isn't that big a deal, just add a few small charms. If I wanted MF on a sorc, I'd much rather ptopazed/umed tal's armour or skullder's ire. No it's not as good, but nor does it waste a jah and a ber that could be so much better spent on other characters.

*sigh* Oh well. Perhaps this is because I play SP, in a land where finding a Jah is somewhat like finding the Holy Grail, and Zod is a half-remembered myth, said to have killed his father Cham to take over the pantheon of godly runes...

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
FRW is a minor concern for a sorc...
Not if you are doing MF runs...especially Pindleskin & Mephisto. You pretty much use as much time in town as you do killing them (slight exxageration:)). I play single-player too and would never use Enigma on my sorceress if I actually got one, but on Battle-net the conditions are slightly different, and using an Enigma for MF runs doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Dusk Shroud makes the most sense IMO. Archon is also outrageously expensive to repair. With dusk, you can get the armor on with str. enhancing items and its own str. bonus will allow you to keep it on rather than requiring additional sources of artificial strength. Make sure you keep those str. enhancers in your stash in case you die and can't pick up the armor off the body though.

Again, if I could afford one, I wouldn't put it on a sorceress but it is the only armor that will give you that str. bonus, +2 all skills, and high MF. That and the life/kill mod is very nice too. And all of your teleports will be 2 points cheaper than vipermagi! Whoo!

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
repair armor = 3-4 pgems,

3-4 pgems = one ral

1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor

then repair cost's doesnt matter