Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enigma armor over-valued ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by smf, Mar 26, 2004.

1. smf

smf IncGamers Member

Enigma armor over-valued ?

engima seems to be the hot armor that everyone 'must' have ... but why? the only real advantage is the teleport, if you take away the teleport feature from the engima, how does it rank, overall against over armors ?

basically what im trying to get at is.. for general purpose questing/surviving.. what are some armors that are better than engima, when teleport is not in the equation ?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

it is the best armor in the game, period:
    +2 skills, only Chains of armor and some Valors have it.
    str X level: allows for BASE STR chars. this alone will put you at 100 str, allowing war travs +15, ik gloves +20, etc.
    +def: armor quality doesn't matter. a lot of people make it into breastplates to maximize the strXlevel mod.
    mfXlevel: pure gravy. already the prime dueling armor because of the TP, this also makes it the prime MF armor.
    phys damage reduced by 8%: a thowaway from the ber rune, but still useful for any char.
    max life increased by 5%: throwaway from the jah rune, another useful mod.
    15% damage taken goes to mana: another throw away from the ith rune, again useful for anybody.

imho, at the end of all the changes, they realized they didn't give anything to mf'ers, so they put this together. however, it's so totally unbalanced, you better get yours quick before they change it.

3. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Overrated ... NO
    Overpowered ... well that would be an UNDERSTATEMENT

Seriously just reading the above post...ever since seeing the first stats I have been convinced that this runeword is broken.

All we need now is a runeword that will provide a +1 Static Field and there will be no more sorcs on B-net. Why...since they are no longer "special".

Oh....and one more thing, for characters who base damage on STR. Every single point of STR is effectively +1 % ED.

I call this a broken item.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Enigma is infinitely more overpowered than buriza was in 1.09.

5. noogabooga

noogabooga IncGamers Member

I value Chains of Honor much more than Enigma - I have 8 CoHs and Zero Enigmas. I dont need teleport (no need to get anywhere fast) and I have an 600 mf sorc to find the uber items. IMO the mods that CoH have over Enigma are +65 Resists all and Life leech. The +resists free up so much more space in my inventory which would have been filled with resists charms (for max resists in hell) - I can now fill it with skill charms.

6. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

Unless everyone knew that Enigma is not a "hacked item", many would be calling it a new ITH of sorts. OK, Jah and Ber runes are not too common so one does expect something in exchange of putting those two rare runes in an armor, but the result from putting those runes into it gives just too much.

Seriously though, if Enigma would be 'JahZodBer' it wouldn't be considered too overpowered because very few would have it. The runes would be just too hard to come by. Then again there was the massive Rune Dupe Flood in Ladder :)

"Too much (enigma attributes) for too little (only 2 rare runes)."

BR guys

7. AieAlienz

AieAlienz IncGamers Member

AGREED!!!!!!

8. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

EVERYTHING is overrated.

if you dont have it.
    and someone else does..
    they wont give it to you unless you have lik 2314923479 sojs
    or 5 complete IK sets.....

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if it was zodzodzodzod it would still be too cheap.

10. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

Well its better then iths flying everywhere, I like Enigma, and to the guy said he has 8 Coh and doesnt need Teleport, doesnt sorc tele? and enigma is way better for mf then COH. My hammerdin has over 500MF with Enigma, he does damn good for himself

11. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

hmmm i agree that engima is a good armor but its not the best... chains is better in my opionion... resists play a big part in 1.10... its a great armor but if u can get resist elsewear.. enigma is also great for mf even sorcs so u can use ss easier.... dont forget the runes are highish, people are tight *** when it comes to trading, thats why is cost so much to trade for.... only if all these duped 290's and 32020's didnt exist, people would be able to trade items for stuff....

12. batu

batu Banned

Do you know how rare these runes actually are? Getting these two runes together and making enigma is likened to striking the lottery.

Without the rune dupes, how many people would actually have their BOTDs, enigmas, COHs? Blizzard made these runewords to reward the lucky/ obsessive but of course the rune dupes changed all that. So anybody would be able to have these and complain about them being overpowered.

A legit BOTD would be like a Tyrael's, which like 1% of the total bnet people would have.