enig vs fort on screen grief dam

rikkitan

Banned
enig vs fort on screen grief dam

This has probably been anwered many times but I cant find it at the moment. I have a sort of half *** T/V who started out as a pure foher with 8.5 k foh dam with a foh stick. I did put enough points into HS and Fana to get 2.2 k (on screen) smite damage with Grief. Seems decent enough to do pretty well in the pubs. With Grief my foh dam drops to 6.3k which is pretty good.. My question is when I put on Fort instead of enigma my on sceen smite damage drops to 1.8 k. How come? I thought fort increases grief damage, it doesnt show on the screen? Thanks

nex

Diabloii.Net Member
My question is when I put on Fort instead of enigma my on sceen smite damage drops to 1.8 k. How come? I thought fort increases grief damage, it doesnt show on the screen? Thanks
Your dmg drops because you loose +2 skills from Enigma and character screen is too stupid to notice that Fortitude increases Smite dmg. And your dmg is much higher than 1.8k, stupid char screen doesn't display Grief dmg either.

Demonic Angel Rules

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya i noticed that on my zealotwhen i used my Phase blade grief. He does like 1K lol. But when I go to Worldstone and attack anything its dead in like 2 hits with zeal. hhhmmmm i thought there was something wrong. Then I used smite and it was only 500 damage but i killed in like 5 hits....Thats when I remeberd that the screen lies about a lot of stuff. So i asked around and someone said when i told them my gear that im actully doing close to 10k-11k of damage with zeal. WOW thats a bad screen. I wish Blizzerd would fix it. Maybe in 11.2?