Enhanced Damage on Steelrend Orge Gauntlets

BongLord

Diabloii.Net Member
Enhanced Damage on Steelrend Orge Gauntlets

Was just curious as to how the mod on these gloves work, I recently aquired a pair with 50% Enhanced Dmg, yet I don't really see any noticeable change in my characters dmg besides the bonus to strength, I was just wondering if someone can tell me how these work, Thx.

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
enhanced dmg from sources NOT the weapon are applied just like if it was ed% from a skill or from stats like str.

so when using a weapon that gives 1% ed from 1 str.. 60%ed on ur gloves is like 60 str

F1R3STR1D3R

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought enhanced damage on non-weapon items was the % of the weapon damage and then added to your final damage

d2isnotanrpg

Diabloii.Net Member
F1R3STR1D3R said:
I thought enhanced damage on non-weapon items was the % of the weapon damage and then added to your final damage
I thought this was true as well.

How does the +15-25 dmg of war traveler's get added into final damage by the way? After all calculations (including +ED% from STR or DEX or jewels in non-weapon)?

Loboleal

Diabloii.Net Member
d2isnotanrpg said:
I thought this was true as well.
Off-weapon %ED is treated as external %ED like str or dex modifier.

d2isnotanrpg said:
How does the +15-25 dmg of war traveler's get added into final damage by the way? After all calculations (including +ED% from STR or DEX or jewels in non-weapon)?
+damage mods are aplied after on-weapon %ED but before External %ED. Is like assuming +dmg is on weapon. (assumed only for physical damage only)
+dmg on jewels seems to work different when you socket them off-weapon. That mod seems to be added at the end, not been boosted by any skill.
this is a little scheme of how %ed and +dmg mods are aplied:

1) %ed on-weapon.
2) +dmg on-weapon (All types)
3) +dmg off-weapon (All types except jewels)
4) %ed off-weapon (Skills, Jewels, %ED on Demons/Undead, Str/Dex Mods)
5) +dmg off-weapon (Only jewels)

Loboleal

Diabloii.Net Member
Jerkazoid said:
uh this is terrible!!
your sure? this is a new (bogus) feature of 1.10?
I haven't tested my self, but I remember a Cyrus post telling about this feature a few weeks after 1.10 release.
I remember people said that their 1.09 chars dealt less damage in 1.10 when they got damage jewels socketed off-weapon.