Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

energy shield early expiration

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by schlip, Mar 17, 2004.

1. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

energy shield early expiration

I have noticed on several occasions that the energy shield last significantly shorter than displayed. Any thoughts?

For example, during a pit run which usually last a few minutes top, it can go off. The display time is about 12-15 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

When you get cursed, I believe the curse's display graphic can overlap the energy shield graphic. I'm not sure if the bonuses are lost, they may still be present. I think it's just a display problem.

3. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

For the few times I've just tried, curses display okay on top of the ES. When I had the ES problem, nothing was there - no curse, no shield, nothing. and the bonus was not there either.

It's not a big problem since it doesn't happen that often, quite randomly.

4. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

When you get hit by a mana burn boss, or are otherwise heavily damaged and your mana goes to zero, energy shield goes off. That's probably the cause of your early expiration.

5. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

In 1.10, Energy Shield is pretty useless. You can have 95% resistance and 50% absorb, and some elemental damage will still zap your shield to zero in one hit. And all minions of mana burn bosses are also mana burn :(.
    There is no problem with the timer running out.

They did improve one thing though, in 1.09 Energy Shield used to switch off if your Mana went to 0. Doesn't do that in 1.10. So you are talking about 1.10 right ? If 1.09 then yes it stops when mana goes to zero and you have to recast.

6. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies.. they reminded me that it did happen when I was heavily hit (as far as I can recall) - or else that's when I notice it. I'll keep an eye on that.

I found ES quite useful though, especially when you have some dmg-goes-to mana items.

btw, I use 1.10 on sc ladder. useast.

7. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

Well.. It happened again a few times. :grrr:

The most recent one happens when I was doing a meph run. The run usually takes 2 minutes max all-included, and the shield was gone in the midst of the fight. I did get hit at the time.

FYI, the shield was supposed to last 924 seconds...

There is one more explanation left - I might have forgotten to turn it on :lol:

I'm just wondering if this happens to anyone else or not, if not, it might be just me being careless.