- % enemy resistances questions

DarkHelmet

Diabloii.Net Member
- % enemy resistances questions

i'be been wondering. if i manage to get enough - % enemy resistances from items, will it break immunities? If so, how much do i need?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
-% enemy resist items can't break immunities. If you can break them by other means (ie. Lower Resist or Conviction) they will work as normal on the now non-immune monsters.

Remember that LR and Conviction only work at 1/5th their listed percentage against immune monsters.

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
there are 2 spells that break immunities: lower res (necro) and conviction (pally). and they only work at a 20% efficiency when breaking immunities. all monsters are given a number value for resistance. if it is over 100, they are immune.

examples: a lvl 17 lower res is -60% (plus or minus two). if a monster is immune, it will be lower res by 60*.2=12. if the monster has 111 or less res, the immunity is broken. if the monster has 112 or more res, the immunity stands.

-res items and cold mastery will work wonders, but only when the immunity is already broken.

m0nk

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking of that, a little OT but, there should be a runeword with Lower Resists built in like TP with Enigma...how sweet that would be.

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
the ones that do. its just another charge thing like amulets with teleport charges. you just have to find a wand that has it.

p83909

Diabloii.Net Member
wands and staffs for sure

i found a rare staff with like 37 lvl 1 lower resist charges but other than that it sucked so i sold it