Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-Enemy Res

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Mr.E, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Mr.E

Mr.E IncGamers Member

-Enemy Res

I'm building a Rabies Druid and I have a question! (crowd "Ooooh"'s and "Ahhhhh"'s) I was planning on using Death's Web to deliver to Rabies blow with its -40-50% Enemy Poison Res. I am wondering if it's safe to switch weapons after the blow. If I hit with the Death's Web, will the "-enemy Res" stay until Rabies is over or disappear when I Weapon Switch (to a more survival-friendly set)?

Asking because I don't want to waste my time trying to get such an expensive item if it's not going to work the way I think it does, when I already have a Plague Bearer waiting in my Druid's stash. If anyone can answer me with certainty, I'd appreciate it. =P

2. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

its only when you switch to -res does it do anything.

trang gloves/bramble, with some -res, work powerfully. its really the -res that does it in your case. id go medusa's gaze. Oak sage, get a lot of life, be a meat shield and trigger 7th level lower res (rather intense at that level).

then you are REALLY doing lower res ;)

3. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Actually, you can hit with another weapon, switch to the wand and switch back and it will calc it from the wand's -resists.

4. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

WOW didnt know that thnx mepersoner! Jeez all this time my fireclaw/rabies druid could be using deaths web on switch now i have a use for it :D

BTW rabies really helps vs ele druid with max cyclone armor/ sorcs who tele if you happen to hit them :D and dragon flight sins.

5. Mr.E

Mr.E IncGamers Member

Is there a set length for how long the "minus Resist" lasts from the weapon? :X Is it still safe to do what I planned (hit with the Death's Web, then switch) and keep the -Res, if it can be done the other way...? This way I can get +3 skills from Web and Sigon's/Lidless on the Rabies hit, then switch to more Res/DR-friendly W/S. If I hit with the other weapon then switch to Web for its -Res I can't get +3 skills or sacrifice my semi-stacked Resists, unlike using Web itself to deliver the blow and switching out of it. =\

I find it strange that Lower Resist lowers Enemy Poison Res, but Salvation doesn't boost Poison Resist. X)