Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Endgame: Wishes, Hopes, Predictions

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Neltharion, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Neltharion

Neltharion Diabloii.Net Member

Endgame: Wishes, Hopes, Predictions

Greetings :)

In another thread in the Wizard forum about teleport I made a short post about how I hope the endgame turns out. With endgame meaning after you have reached level 60, beat Hell and are on your hunt for great treasure!

I thought I'll make it a new thread to see what's your opinion on that. Are you more of a boss farmer, or like the Classic D2 days of River of Flame?

Here's my post from the other thread:

"I strongly think they are going to take advantage of the random event mechanics in the outdoor world. You join a Hell game, go into an area, kill some monsters and suddenly find a randomly generated dungeon entrance. You'll procede to clear the dungeon, maybe find some treasure chest and at the end you'll have a mini boss fight with a good chance of dropping some nice things."

This would be enough for me to keep me entertained untill the end of time. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  2. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: Endgame: Wishes, Hopes, Predictions

Since this game is about the itemhunt/trade in the end, people will either:
    * Go to the Arena to see who has the biggest e-peen.
    * Start a new toon.
    * Remain (item)hunting/trading for eternity.
    * Go to HC.
    * Make a guide.
    * Move on to other ganes.

3. Autti

Autti Diabloii.Net Member

Unicorn level! If i have a unicorn level with rainbows and pools of donuts then i will be happy.

But on a serious note, your suggestion sounds fantastic. Loot will obviously be number 1. I expect a large amount of side quests, or "achievements" although i hate achievements they are lame, achievements are really just a token for how much time you can spend, not how good you are.

My endgame will be PvP, always PvP'ed during D2 and will be exactly the same for D3

4. Yersinia Pestis

Yersinia Pestis Diabloii.Net Member

We will be having random dungeons/events also during normal playthrough, but what if, after you are lvl60 and beat Hell the random dungeon/event created in the games you create contain only highlevel monsters and really hard bosses but have an increased drop chance.

I also would really like if they tune up the difficulty in the first 3 akts after you beat Hell.
    Because every akt has its own theme and I don't want to play in the same theme the whole time, grinding my loot.

Edit: And achievements ofc! They allready said they are going to have many many different achievements as endgame motivation.
    I am looking foreward to "kill 1000 fallen with your bare hands" :D

5. Dahmer

Dahmer Diabloii.Net Member

Leprechaun level where you kill little ginger men dressed in green for pots of gold.

Would explain the random rainbows and pots of gold I saw during the D3 panels at blizzcon.

6. Rothas

Rothas Diabloii.Net Member

The thing I fear the most is that MF will dominate the endgame too much like in D2 and you are forced to run certain bosses millions of times over and over again. Hopefully they will balance good drops to every hell act and every random generated dungeon etc, in order to keep the game interesting. Or by making another system next to MF so you can "grind" with your best gear possible and still get the same value of drops when compared to your MF gear and the rate of drops with it. Therefore players have the choice of getting the best dps gear possible or the highest MF gear possible.

7. Foodspice

Foodspice Diabloii.Net Member

I like the OP's suggestion about utilizing the random content. Regardless though, people need a reason or goal to continue killing monsters. During Normal, Nightmare and Hell, the reason is to finish the story / beat the final boss. If the sole reason for continuing to play after the final boss is loot, I would suspect that not many people would continue.

Loot grinding should be a means to an end. You need to feel that you are building up a powerful character for a REASON. The only good/plausible reasons I can think of are PVP and Uber bosses. Without these distant future goals, there is no reason to continue grinding for loot.

8. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes Diabloii.Net Member

Random quests and random bosses would go a long way for interesting end-game content.
    Likewise, making all acts of Hell the same difficulty after completion might be nice as well, for more variation on where to kill stuff.

Personally I would like to see bosses that would scale dynamically, maybe through quests.
    For example. You get a quest to kill Wanna-Be-Mephisto.
    You go down and kill him. Grats.
    Then later on you get a quest to kill Wanna-be-Mephisto again (random when you get it, since the quests being offered is... random).
    This time however he has 10% more hp, 5% more dmg, % more minions or whatever fits to the specific boss.
    Next time it is 20% hp, 10% dmg. and every time you keep getting this quest the boss scales further and further up (and of course the rewards scale as well, through slightly higher drop chances each time).

Until the day he manage to kill you. At that moment the counter resets back to zero. (or for Hardcore, since dying would be bad... offer some other way to reset the counter when the the challenge becomes too great.).

In multiplayer-games, the quest and boss would just scale to the person with the lowest kill-streak on the specific boss.

Would, imo, offer great replayability, and a kind of 'race' to see how high a kill count you could get on each boss. And make 'boss farming' more interesting.

On top of it, you would always have a reason for getting better gear.
    With an added bonus of countering MF gear (by giving higher drop chances from upscaling bosses that would be more difficult to kill with MF gear on).

This should not stand alone of course. There should probably be specific 'uber' bosses (not necessarily buffed versions of the old bosses, but also totally different ones) to gear up for.

9. Lovless

Lovless Diabloii.Net Member

Dude, I even registered to the forum just to say how awesome of an idea this is. Make a post on some official forum (does it exist?) or send blizz an e-mail, really.

10. Adree

Adree Diabloii.Net Member

I am hoping for the following (in no particular order):

1. A robust trading system – to the tune of an auction house where you can post your wares and browse for items across the server, rather than a trade channel.

2. PVP arenas – hoping to see health globes toned down, and different gameplay styles/matches.

3. Jay Wilson alluded to having different objectives to complete after finishing the game, and he doesn’t just want us going straight for Diablo over and over again. I took from this that they are planning some type of daily quest system, not unlike WoW where you are told to venture into X dungeon and take down Boss Y and in doing so receive loot item Z. I think this is a great way to keep the game fresh. One day you hunt down King Leoric, the next, you need to collect 12 Unburied heads. Stuff like that to give you a reason to explore more than just the final dungeon.

4. Some type of 'armory' similar to the WOW armory where you can check your achievements, equipment, etc.

11. sinter

sinter Diabloii.Net Member

It's going to be great if they up the difficulty and drop rates of every act on hell ones you beat the game so you are not stuck with doing countless "final boss" runs.

I really like the OP's idea! CLearing randomly generated dungeons and killing random mini bosses (mbe finding SUPER DUPER UNIQUE treasure chests from time to time) will keep me interested for a lot longer than a D2 style end game would. :cloud9:

PvP will be great part of the end game for me too. I hope they include some achievments for it because Bliz already said there will be no actual rewards (items). And i think they said that there will be ranks in PvP and it'd be cool to try and get your toon to the highest rank so every newb's heart explodes when they see you on the opposite team. ;)

My hope for this is that they make it so not everyone with enough time to play can get to the highest rank (like getting "xp" for every arena battle more if you win; less if you loose would do). Mbe they can do it so you can only get to, lets say rank 5 out of 10 trough gaining "arena xp" and the other ranks will be earned by winning battles in a row and you'll go down the rank ladder if you loose battles so mbe you have to win 5 battles to get to the next rank and then 5(or mbe 10 then 15 etc.) more to get to the next. I think going back a rank for just loosing 1 battle would be too much so mbe you are demoted if you loose 3 in a row or 3 battle at any rank.

For example:
    You get to rank 5 and then you win 5 battles and now you are rank 6 then you play 3 more battles that you win but you loose the next 3 and you are back to rank 5. Or you loose only 2 battles and you still have a chance to get to the next rank if you win the next 5 battles.
    And if you are only demoted when you loose 3 battles in a row then theoretically you can have countless chances to get to rank 6. But if loosing 3 battles total at any give rank demotes you then in the example used above you cant loose another battle while you are rank 6 or you will go back to 5.

I just got that idea so i'd like to see what you, guys, think about it. Im not even 100% sure that Blizz said anything about pvp ranks but i have this memory of them doing so in one of the pannels.

12. Andy2702

Andy2702 Diabloii.Net Member

Or they could just reincorporate what they did in the past.