[Encyclopedia Necromantica] Version 1.3

NecroValmar

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi all, Beatboxer, Mad Mantis and all experts on necromancers, my best character too.

I´m from Spain and I´m reading the forum since a long time, but never posted because of my bad english (good reading, but ****-writing, my appologies for it).

I was reading your ENCYCLOPEDIA (on capital letters, gz for it, and I join to the hip-hip-hurras), and have a question for you:

I usually write on spanish forums, and many people can´t read english and need spanish guides. May I give your permission for translate and adapte your Encyclopedia Necromantica? The finality is to help people who love necromancer too, as all of us. I will only take notes, translate parts and so on, and of course I will mention you on the final work.

Gz for all, and hail from Spain :howdy:

Beatboxer

I appreciate your sentiments Valmar and I think a spanish version of this work would be ultra cool.:cool: I'm all for it.

A few things to keep in mind before you begin though.

Parts of my handbook still need to be re-written, in light of the recent forum crash, which caused the guides mentioned and linked therein to vanish.

Not too much to worry about for your effort though, really, as some of your spanish speaking forumgoers would not have been able to read the old links anyway.

Also a forum freind, soulesschild, made mention of his reworking the Encyclo format for hotlinking.

I also need to look over and rewrok Chapters 2 and 3 a bit.

So, in short, the guide will be updated soon, please (and often changing at that;) ) feel free to use it's contents as you'd like. I will even post a link to your Spanish, directly from my guide, if you do decide to pursue the re-work.

Thanks again
~Bb

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
IronGolem117 said:
WoW!This guide helpes a lot!Thanks!
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Nice to see that people actually read the Stickies.

Beatboxer

Hehe, what a wonderful assessment of the text.:music:

Thank you Daemon. I'm sure the other Authors feel the same way too.:bow:

Beatboxer

Ya Gvan I need to update the entire Handbook...most of the guides I have linked are now toast. I will be sure to add your guides link.

Trippy-br

Diabloii.Net Member
you pwn dude.

i "quit" d2 few months ago after getting completly bored with it. then when the commandomancer build got posted at the strat compendium i thought hey lets try, sounds cool. (i never played necro much before in .09) and as i was playing my build was going from commandomancer to pure skelliemancer. and it roxx0r. thx for the encyclopedia, helped me allot with deciding on gear and stuff.

atm i got lvl 42 raise skel and skel mastery. 1 pnt in all curses (10 total after +skills) 1 point in all summon skills (all lvl 20 after +skills) and my necro is lvl 70. so still got some pnts left.

dont have any points in nrg tho. dont need it, i build up my army at cold plains hitting some carver packs with my golem and, yes indeed, might merc and then they rarely die.

necro are teh pwn :D

quasar

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey BB,

I restarted playing DII after a very long pause, and have been doing a lot of catching up with regards to the new changes.

Your guide is perfect for that purpose.

I've read a lot of other guides as well but there is one thing I would like to see confirmed.

There used to be a "feature" in 1.09 whereby bone armor would absorb the full damage of one physical hit, with no damage spill-over to the necro, no matter how severe the hit. In effect, that made bone armor very useful as a one-hit-kill preventer.

Woudl you know if that "feature" been removed?

Thanks!

Mad Mantis

quasar said:
Woudl you know if that "feature" been removed?
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

The "feature" has been removed. But it is still worth at least one point.

rickcarson

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:

The "feature" has been removed. But it is still worth at least one point.
Was it removed? I was under the impression that now that everything and its dog has elemental damage :rant: in hell thats what gets through and can kill you, since elemental damage bypasses the swirly bits.

I remember how people noticed it - Duriel, but his Holy Freeze of course now has cold damage, and thats what was getting through the BA.

???

Mad Mantis

rickcarson said:
Was it removed? I was under the impression that now that everything and its dog has elemental damage :rant: in hell thats what gets through and can kill you, since elemental damage bypasses the swirly bits.
Well BA never stopped elemental damage. That has always damaged you char. And the swirly bits don't actually do anything. They are just graphical illustration of the overall strength of the armor.

What was removed was the fact that in the past BA would stop one physical damage hit regardless of how much damage it did. If the damage was higher than the BA it would negate the rest of the damage. Nowadays that rest bit will be transferred to your health.