Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Encouraging all PvP noobs to Give SP a Shot!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Dennis_KoreanGuy, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

Encouraging all PvP noobs to Give SP a Shot!

Hey. I just got tired of trading/dueling on bnet, so now I'm going straight SP for awhile. I'm using a custom mod for SP that allows me to have;

Infinite storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 personal pages, virtually your entire hd is your limit)

Shared storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 shared pages too)
    Characters on the same computer can put items in a shared stash, and switch them back and forth.

Enabled the ladder only runewords out of realms.

Local World Event and Uber Quest for singleplayer and multiplayer off-realm.

Unassign assigned skills and stats points at your leisure.

Always regenerate maps in SinglePlayer like in MultiPlayer.

A much more complete summary of all character's stats like DR, MF, MR, etc. in your character screen.

Display item level in its popup, very handy.

Launch any number of Diablo II games on the same computer.

Increase the stash to 10x10 squares, doesn't really matter because you have infinite pages of 10x10's.

Always display Mana and Life values above the globes.

Display the stats current value (without magical bonus).

All of these effects can be turnen on/off as the user likes.

I've been playing for a day now, straight through /players 8, already at lvl 17 after Cain with a sorc. Since you can reset your stats/skills completely in a flash, I went with a Fbolt build, till I changed that to Ice Blast, now currently using FBall. You will never have screwed up stats, because you can take back stat points one by one.

Yes, there are many advantages/disadvantages of playing in closed realms. But its nice to have this change of scenery. I like this mod because I've always wanted to get into the whole SP MF thing with a sorc, but to do so you need to develop her greatly. We all know what a nightmare, raising a Meteorb sorc solo till lvl 30 something, with main attack as melee... this just gets rid of many reasons why people don't dare start a serious SP char.

I don't know. its been a blast for me, I'm pretty sure a lot of you will enjoy. Its so peaceful, quiet, and... legit in here. Know wat I sayin?

pm me and I'll send the goody links. :smiley:

2. Camden

Camden Diabloii.Net Member

Keelooger D:

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Ahh I can see how one would think that.

Uhh not my program, been playing for near 2 days now, can't guarantee anything.

But it is a very popular mod, lots of people have downloaded, no comments of a keylog/spyware problem except technical issues. I'm 99.9% sure that this, after all, is just a SP mod. :smiley:

btw, impossible for norton internet security / windows firewall / avg antivirus can't detect such keylogger. I have a professional one installed on my computer for "legit" reasons, and every.anti-crap tool gives me such hell about it.

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

If you MP or trade with anyone in the SPF, the only accepted mods are RWM/RRM and these must be disclosed. :wink3:

Edit: MP is multiplayer - playing over a TCP/IP or LAN. You may not need to trade but it is possible that someone else using whatever mod you are promoting, does.

5. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Yes, I just realized this a second ago.

Still do not understand what MP is, but afaik I can't trade with other SP dudes on dii. Still... what will I ever need trading for? I was planning to build a sorc (numerous build, different setup) and for each good item I pick up I may just entirely switch the skills/stats for another build. :tongue:

6. the boss

the boss Diabloii.Net Member

If you play single player, you can't make gg armors like duress or prudence anymore...

7. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

In other news, if you trade at all in SP, you are a retard.

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

I don't understand. Why can't I? I should be able to do everything Ladder people can do, shouldn't I?

Anyways don't need such items. I'm not trying to get godly here, just want the feeling of rejoice when a shaftstop drops for my merc.

Bluntly put by mr. stomper. I suppose I agree, though there must be times where trade is needed if you're a SP maniac and can't get a certain item.

3 people have showed interests so far. :wink3:

9. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

What, you can't get past an unsigned int? Come on, what kind of a programmer are you? Use unsigned long long, come on! It gives 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 pages. (just kidding)

Does the uber trist stuff work properly? Like, do they spawn minions? Also, how does DC work? Finally, can you make a copy a directory of your D2 and use that instead of the "real" directory for the mod, like hell unleashed (so, you can still use your real directory to log in bnet)?

10. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Yes, uber trist works exactly the same. With the soj counters, key drops, and everything. AI seems to work fine as well. Yes, if you want to run the mod you run a seperate exe. You want to go on realms, you just go open d2 the normal way.

11. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle Diabloii.Net Member

This mod works really well. Only played it a few minutes and it's fun. Re-allocating your skills is great. I can prebuff a maxed out and synergized Cyclone Armor, then spawn maxed synergized wolf summons, then go back to maxed Fury or whatever the hell I want all in 10 seconds.

12. nex

nex Diabloii.Net Member

I can imagine much worse things than being SP trader of even retarded. One of them is being you, that must really suck.

13. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, you're certainly right - after all, the trading community on BNet is much better with all the dupes and haxx that make the game better. :rolleyes:

...and just so this isn't a complete hijack...

Actually, I belive he can :wink3::

14. IMCanadian

IMCanadian Diabloii.Net Member

plug y...if it hasnt been stated. Yeh its not bad that way dennis..i test my chars using it.. 8 player no twink online HC is funner.

IMC :grin:

15. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

@Dennis_KoreanGuy.

You are missing ladder reset. Me too. :smiley:

16. AnimeCraze

From their forum, it seems like the uber minions are missing, pity.

17. IMCanadian

IMCanadian Diabloii.Net Member

With plug Y, ubers dont summon minions..thus making it easy and relativly pointless testing. You may be able to mod them in..im not good at that.

IMC :grin:

18. AnimeCraze

I killed them online before, so I wasn't wanting to test them out. The lag spikes on west is just getting unbearable, that's all.

19. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Glad you like it. :smiley:

I'm not yet up for such 8p no twink online HC yet. Too bad I can't edit items on this mod. Then that would make a REALLY nice testing tool.

I wish Blizz had a solid reset intervals, like a year, or atleast had given notice or hints on its dates..
    Damn. Oh well, suppose that's a good thing for me. Now I can atleast try to kill the Ubers with a sorc now.

Around 7 ppl have shown interests so far. Sweet that some can enjoy this with me.

20. AnimeCraze

There are ways to get around it, if all you want are dupewords. However, I am not doing that, nor am I telling you how.