Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enchantress Q.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by disci, Feb 21, 2004.

1. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Enchantress Q.

What armor would go best for this build?
    I'm melee btw.

Going to max enchant+synergy+firemastery ofcourse.
    Think I will use blizzard as a supporter.

2. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

My ES melee Enchantress will use Guardian Angel (going with 90% resist all in hell). Max elemental resists will allow you to live quite a while in elemental vortexes that you will encounter sooner or later, even if ES goes down, so the 15% max resists will have their use. If the ES is up, no elemental damage will harm you, besides maybe the FE bug (I play SP) and the bugged Scarabs. The increased block chance will ensure max block with not too high investment in Dexterity. The increased block speed will prevent blocklocks.

3. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I think high defense is very important to prevent block-lock. Another important feature is faster hit recovery, since sorcs have naturaly slow recovery (fhr breakpoints are at 0, 5, 9, 14, 20, 30, 42, 60, 86, 142, 280). For this reason I chose the 'stone' runeword, although there are several other armours with similar properties to choose from.

But don't let that influence you. Make your own choice, experiment and help us all find out what is really the best.

4. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

=) Chains Of Honor Or Perf Umed Upped Vipemage Both Have Good Res, Skills, And Def

5. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Faster Hit Recovery isn't very useful if you go for a high block Enchantress with ES though. Hit Recovery only occurs if a hit does more than 1/12th your life total in damage. If ES reduces it sufficiently, Hit Recovery never occurs, rendering items with FHC useless.

6. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about that. From my experience, it seems as though I am made to go into hit recovery even if I only lose a small amount of health.

7. Philoio

Philoio IncGamers Member

Use a dam Bow

oops posted in wrong place

now in "enchantress pvp" thread

8. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

ormus + 3 Enchant +15% fire +15% cold is good.

COH gives + skills and resists... the +2 also effects mastery (so it kinda cancels out the +15% fire dmg of ormus)... i ran some tests and enchant ormus will do slightly more dmg than COH (like an added 200 dmg which isnt much when you consider that you are dishing out around 7k)... i think COH is far superior though becuase of resists and DR.

another option is STONE runeword (over 3k def armor if you get a good one) + Max cold armor = insane defense.

dunno... id think COH is best if you casn afford it.
    thnx
    stef

9. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Wow all those armors are quite expencive and I sure cant afford those :)

Well I have GA, but I really should do some mf runs with my skellymancer first and try to get some decent stuff, which I could trade for Ormus etc.

Thanks for advice, pals.

10. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

I'd like to see if an double upgraded twitchtroe would work out. There are some nice stats on it that help you with dex, str, blocking and ias. Surely not as good as chains of honor but it'll do for quite a while, longer than you'd think maybe.

11. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

This would be double-upgrade Twitch-Throe

Wire Fleece
    Def: 375-481 (+25)
    lvl-req:53
    str-req:111

still light armor :D

Twitch-throe is kewl, not sure if the def is enough though?!

STONE ruenword is very nice. Aint got the buying power fo CoH.

One thing to also consider is the full Disciple set. +3 skills lotsa resist... etc.

About Guardian Angel?
    Where do you get the resist from to +75% resist? kiras guardian? amus? rings? or weapon? I was considering this also for a ranged enchantress. dunno where i'll get all the resist for though :(

95 resall combined with some DR and MDR = nearly invincible agains elemental attacks! Black Souls simply just scratch a bit.

12. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Ranged Enchantress sure have problems to get high resistances due the fact she cant wear shield. So why not going both melee and ranged?

But what do you guys think, which one is better, Que hegan or Guardian angel? Is this build so much +skills depedant? Heck, I was thinking about upg Goldskin too :)
    Res all 35% sounds so cool and red coulour would be cherry on cake :D

13. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Aehm Goldskin? Vipermagi rather or not? perfect Vipermagi +1 skills 35 resall. Goldskin?!?! :xmad:

Kiras Guardina can take care of res possibly, but id rather stikc with +skills. We shall see what turns out better. Could do a Hybrid too, but then even more would have to go to Dex for Maxblock. Koku or Demon Machine dont have that high Dex requirement.

14. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Why Not Crown Of Ages...It Has Everything 20% Fhr 30 Res All 20% Pdr 2 Socks High Def