Enchantress in HCL

sorcees

Diabloii.Net Member
I only mean that it is cheating in duels, and a legit PK should not use that too.
It gives an unfair advantage to the "not haves".
Just my opinion!

max lvl enchant would be something like:

3 fire skill helm
3 fire skill amu
3 enschant ormus
6 enchant staff
1 skills shield
2 skills sojs
1 fire skills gloves
1 all skills belt
1 all skills annihilus
10 fire skills charms
1 all skills battle command
2 all skills skill shrine
20 points in enchant
--------------------
54 total

did i miss anyhing ?

Paladuck

Diabloii.Net Member
rather than a 6 enchant staff, a +3 fire skills orb with +3 enchant and a +1 shield. That's 55. Facet everything like crazy with rainbow jewels and...and oh man.

det

Diabloii.Net Member
greenfire10 said:
max lvl enchant would be something like:

3 fire skill helm
3 fire skill amu
3 enschant ormus
6 enchant staff
1 skills shield
2 skills sojs
1 fire skills gloves
1 all skills belt
1 all skills annihilus
10 fire skills charms
1 all skills battle command
2 all skills skill shrine
20 points in enchant
--------------------
54 total

did i miss anyhing ?
I think you missed that you cannot carry a staff (2 handed) and a shield at the same time.

doubleOObubble

Diabloii.Net Member
det and Paladuck, you're right. But maybe he just miss-spelled it (thinking an Orb is a staff)?. Orbs can get +6 I think, with +3 fire skills +3 enchant, I simply think he used the wrong word for the thing :)

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Would you say that a +3 Enchant, +3 Fire skills orb and a +1 shield is more powerful than a "Leaf" staff that already has Enchant and maybe warmth or FM on it?

I mean..since we are daydreaming here..if you have a white 2 socket Staff with +3 Enchant, +3 FM (or Warmth) and "Leaf" it, you get

+3 Enchant, + 3 FM/Warmth (inherent on staff)
and an additional
+3 Fire skills, + 3 Warmth.

Not sure how the synergies work here. :scratch:

i ment orb ofcource.. sry for being unclear.

and i DID mean +3 fire +3 enchant, +6 enchant can't excist iirc.

and about that leaf staff....
i don't think it is a very good idea.

theoreticly you could get an orb with +3 fire skills, +3 enchant AND +3 fire mastery. That combined with a +1 to all shield sounds better to me than any 2 hander. Not to mention that you have more spaces for fire facets (which you can't have in a runeword item)

ogz

Diabloii.Net Member
partying with a skelemancer really boost the overall firepower of enchantress :)

I would suggest using a bow when in that condition, so u can hide along with the necro hehe

the other option is parting with an amazon that uses multishot :)

btw i have a question
if ravenclaw/hellcast dont need AR to hit
is that the same for kuko/demon machine?

det

Diabloii.Net Member
ogz said:
partying with a skelemancer really boost the overall firepower of enchantress :)

I would suggest using a bow when in that condition, so u can hide along with the necro hehe

the other option is parting with an amazon that uses multishot :)

btw i have a question
if ravenclaw/hellcast dont need AR to hit
is that the same for kuko/demon machine?
Well, the explosion always hit and you always get splash damage triggered, its the actual arrow that is used to deliver leech/CS/CB/OW etc that needs the AR to hit. So, yes..Kuko's explosive arrow always hits..but not the actual, physical arrow. Not a problem for an enchantress, but for an Immo zon. You only leech on physical impact, not from elemental

Nikech

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm really interested in making an enchantress too. Would Gimmershred+shield work? I'd be playing mostly untwinked.

det

Diabloii.Net Member
I would not know why not..then again, i can't see how Gimmershed and untwinked work :lol:

The reason why ppl use Kuko and demon machine is that enchant is added to the splash damage of EA as well (so it does huge damage in a radius) and the fact that FM also applies to the fire damage of the bow (and its even better with melee weapons IIRC, because FM figures in when enchant is cast on the weapon and again when you attack with it) . So, when I enchant somebody else, he does like 800 extra fire damage, but when I enchant myself, I do 3000 (that's with a Kuko)

kardinaal

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure how the synergies work here.

Synergies only come from "hard" skillpoints, skillpoints that you've used skillpoints for that is (I seem a little confused here ;)). S +3 to warmth on your orb won't help your enchant damage.

masakerr

Diabloii.Net Member
My little enchatress is using a Demon Machine that has piercing attack and I threw on a razortail belt that has piercing attack. Man, it goes through a bunch of bodies. I'm impressed everytime I play her. However, I have only been able to get up to level 26 on the necessary skills.

I'll have to review my gear and this forum to see where I can improve! My current max damage with enchant is like 3.5K and with pierce she's hitting a lot of monsters.

Masa

SecretA

Diabloii.Net Member
Its not hard to hit 10k dmg with a demon machine and enchant....... But you better have a decent meat shield(Merc) cuz you won't be shooting very fast and you won't be blocking anything. Not to mention you won't have much FC if any and also very little if any FHR. My recommendation would be to have "enchant" gear and "play" gear. If you get your enchant up there (in the 30s) you will > 15 min enchant. Plenty of time to retreat back to the stash to chang eq.

masakerr

Diabloii.Net Member
SecretA said:
Its not hard to hit 10k dmg with a demon machine and enchant....... But you better have a decent meat shield(Merc) cuz you won't be shooting very fast and you won't be blocking anything. Not to mention you won't have much FC if any and also very little if any FHR. My recommendation would be to have "enchant" gear and "play" gear. If you get your enchant up there (in the 30s) you will > 15 min enchant. Plenty of time to retreat back to the stash to chang eq.

I know, I hear ya ... lol ... I'm working on getting a weapon switch right now. I have a Hexfire and I'm looking for the right shield. Of course I'm also looking for +fire skills charms too ... one step at a time. She was very cool last night in the maggot Lair (nightmare) though. Everything lines up so nicely.

Masa

ogz

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the info,
looks like i wasted about 200 life into dex and my blessed aim merc that i trained up to lv70 FROM NORMAL ACT 2!!!

lol

masakerr

Diabloii.Net Member
ogz said:
thanks for the info,
looks like i wasted about 200 life into dex and my blessed aim merc that i trained up to lv70 FROM NORMAL ACT 2!!!

lol
it's not wasted. What's wasted is my level 83 guided arrow amazon from 1.09. Now that's wasted :rant: I guess she's still good in normal :rant:

Masa

Paladuck

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
I would not know why not..then again, i can't see how Gimmershed and untwinked work :lol:

The reason why ppl use Kuko and demon machine is that enchant is added to the splash damage of EA as well (so it does huge damage in a radius) and the fact that FM also applies to the fire damage of the bow (and its even better with melee weapons IIRC, because FM figures in when enchant is cast on the weapon and again when you attack with it) . So, when I enchant somebody else, he does like 800 extra fire damage, but when I enchant myself, I do 3000 (that's with a Kuko)
I read in an Enchantress guide that the character screen is wrong and that fire mastery does not apply the damage to ranged weapons.

viamede

Diabloii.Net Member
I recall the guide says that mastery is applied once on ranged but gets factored in twice on melee. However, the damage on the LCS is wrong for ranged (it is lower than reported) but accurate for melee. This was Mongogerry's guide.