Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enchantress Damage Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by zaphette, Mar 5, 2004.

1. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

Enchantress Damage Question

I am building a ranged enchantress. She is level 58. So far she is a blast!

I am using Kuko on myself and my act1 merc. Otherwise she is pretty much untwinked. We are tearing up NM.

Ok, here's the question. How do I figure out how much damage we are doing. The char screen is obviously wrong (it says something like 1700ish).

I am currently casting enchant at slvl31 with 4 in warmth, and 5 in mastery (+9 at cast time). I have 17 saved skill points. I was killing so fast I quit assigning points until I start to feel my speed going down (I haven't yet).

Also, does the fire damage on kuko get multiplied by FM or not?

One more question, should I max the synergy or mastery first?

2. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

I am no sorc expert (in fact I'm only in this forum to get some ideas!) but I can for sure answer two of the questions:

Yes, the bow damage gets multiplied by Fire Mastery.
    And, according to MongoJerry's Enchantress Guide, max Warmth before FM. But really I guess thats up to you.

Hope that helped a bit! :uhhuh:

3. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I remember some of the mechanics but I'm not sure if it will be 100%. It should be relatively close.

For your damage take the damage from your character screen. That is your bow's damage: multiply it by the number of piercings (assuming a tight group) that your average for actually hitting with the arrow.

Next look at enchant damage on your skill screen. Then look up the explosion damage off of Arreat Summit for the Kuko's 'fires explosive arrows'. Multiply that damage by 1+ your fire mastery bonus. Add the two numbers and multiply by the number of piercings that you average (again assuming a tight group).

In plain english the enchant damage is added to both your arrow and the explosion. The fire mastery damage is also added to your explosion. If you get tight groups then the explosion from each piercing will hit multiple targets. After that repeat the process on your act 1 merc.

The piercing and the grouping of the monsters become important in getting higher damage. It's like when you would send a lightning fury jav into a crowd of cows. The individual lightning bolts were small but the sheer volume from getting multiple piercings just demolished the whole crowd. The problem with Kuko is that the radius of the explosion is so much smaller than lightning fury so you need tighter groups. And still it's easy to see why piercing is so important. That's why most ranged Enchantresses prefer Demon Machine + Razortail to give you 99% piercing.

I forgot what the maximum number of piercings are but I believe it's either 4 or 5. Assuming it's four: Using Kuko will give you a 3% chance of piercing 4 times while Demon Machine + Razortail will give you 95% chance of piercing 4 times. Of course Buriza will give you a 100% chance but the lack of exploding arrows makes it unattractive for the Enchantress.

FYI with four piercings your enchant damage will be counted 8 times (assuming the arrow hits every target [The explosions hit regardless]).

4. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

Thanks very much for the replys.

I have really noticed the peircing and exploding damage.

I started this char as a hobby char and to use to buff the skellis on my summoner. I did not expect her to be powerful, or to level quickly. What I got instead is one of the more fun chars I have played, and she is just ripping through the mobs. Great fun!

Thanks again!

5. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Hehe... I started one to buff my other chars too. Anyone know if you can cast enchant on the 'Returned' that you get from Tomb Reaver?

6. chrom76

chrom76 IncGamers Member

I found 2 Demon Machines today in cows (w/in 2hours) if anybody want's 1 I need 4 soc phase blade or +3 fire ammy.

on USWEST