Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Enchanter Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by masakerr, Feb 18, 2004.

1. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Enchanter Question

I just read the Enchantress guide put together by Mr. Evil. Very nice work and a nice plan. However, your sword is available only on the ladder (correct me if I'm wrong) and I seem to be short of Um's (and Ist's and suprisingly Zod's too).

So, my current build is using a demon machine crossbow (which requires 2 hands - no shield). I was thinking of going with a Black Oak shield with 2 perfect diamonds and using a Hexfire sword (cause that's what I have). I'd like to switch to a Que-Hagan's armor and socket it with an Um, but I'm fresh out of Um's ( :rant: ).

So my questions is, does this sound doable for a poor man who's not on the ladder?

Any other suggestions would be great!

Masa

2. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

With Enchantresses, speed kills. Not physical damage. Upgrading the Hexfire will increase the damage a bit. But truthfully, phaseblades are the way to go. The Zeal one is nice because it will be the quickest attack a Sorceress can make. But Phaseblades have nice very quick attacks. To be really cheap through a few shaels and maybe an eth in a six socket phase blade. Hexfire is too slow.

Demon Machine is a good idea.

Somewhere you going to want to slap LEAF runeword staff in the staff with +3 Enchant already on it. You can prebuff that and it will last for a long while.

Good luck

3. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

Please excuse the interruption, but this is a related question...

If you pre-buff with a Leaf staff on your switch, don't you lose the bonus when you switch back to the other weapon?

The reason I ask is that I tried using a Crescent Moon sword on a Barb and after casting my wolves, I switched back to my primary weapon and my wolves disappeared! What the hell is up with that?!

So... have there been tests done to confirm that your Melee'ess keeps her enchant after switching back? (I wish the damn weapon would glow red or something - would help to know when to refresh too).

Thanks!

4. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Yes and no. No, your enchant level will stay the same. Its different than those charges on your Cresent Moon sword. Enchant is made to stay on. So it will work and it will keep the FM level from the time its cast too.

The no part is that FM does a second boost of Enchant damage when you actually hit something. So your total fire damage is multiplied a second time by FM when you are meleeing. This level will be different since you won't be attacking with the LEAF staff. This is still ok. You'll want better attack speed than the little bit more damage. So it will be slightly lower, but only negligibly.

5. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

Thank you so much for clarifying this!!! you da man! :worship: I am pumped to forge my Firewoman now!!