Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

enchant and skeletons

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by patonis, Oct 18, 2006.

1. patonis

patonis IncGamers Member

enchant and skeletons

Does enchanting skeletons work and has anyone tried it out?
    I was thinking on this as an idea, cause i dont use any HR runewords and some Necros use Fanatism aura from merc to boost their damage even more. An enchantress would be a cheap option to make your skeletons/merc rock even more. High level enchant lasts very long.

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

It works just like enchanting any other player or merc.

The only problem is the skeletons never stand still, and their weapons don't change red like players' weapons, so you'll have a really hard time telling if you've enchanted all of the skellys or not.

The only runeword a summoner really needs is Enigma, failing that just an amulet with Teleport charges. Or you could even go without Teleporting altogether. Aside from the Enigma on mine, all of his other gear wouldn't cost more than Pul or Um each, depending where you play.

You could pick up an AoKL, gamble/MF a +summon skill amulet, a +1 or +2 skill helm, and a decent necro head and that'll be enough to get you through Hell with maxed skellys.

3. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Yep, enchant from either a Sorc or Demon Limb Tyrant Club will work just fine on skellies adding both attack rating and elemental damage. Makes going through those pesky PIs easier so all the necro has to do is stand and direct traffice (no need to cast amp damage as much). Might be an interesting prebuff tactic before entering uber trist since some of the minions are PI and the extra attack rating might be helpful so the skellies hit the ubers better. Hmm... I'll have to test this theory to see if it would work, it sounds pretty good in theory.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

4. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I have an Enchantress with slvl 54 Enchant. I also have a Necromancer with slvl 45 Skeleton. I try to hit them all, but like Eilo said, they don't freakin' stand still. Nonetheless, after enchanted even half of them with such a powerful enchant, they can take anything in the game very very easily (maybe not Ubers, but still...).

I've tried this on even...well, crappy Necros. I found a game in A4 Hell, and the Necro wasn't doing so hot...then I enchanted his skeletons and they killed stuff much faster. Poor guy died cause he tried to keep up with his skellies.

5. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

For some unknown reason, I have this indelible image of this poor necro falling over rigor mortis from exhaustion after failing to keep up with his flamin' skellies (funny!!).

thanks for the funny mental image Nyax!
    Kirah

6. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Roaming with skeles is kinda like taking a dog for a walk thats too big for you. Your supposed to be in control, but its the pets that show you where your going.

7. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

What if one were to enchant the skele's as they were being summoned? True the enchantress would have to stick around a little while longer, but at least then they'd be sure everyone was enchanted, right?

8. gotfocus

gotfocus IncGamers Member

I like bandit's idea. Why do necros always have to be a curse ***** when partying? Why are there not any enchant *****es around whos only job is to maintain enchant on the skelys?

This setup seems to be a far more safer and effective tactic.

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Well, thing is, even if the Enchantress enchants as the Skellies are summoned, you still end up with 15 flaming skellies running around while you try to hit the 1 or 2 that are newly summoned. It's just hard...that's why I made my Enchantress an ES builds. Lotsa mana for spamming Enchant!

Also, the reason a lot of Necro's are..."curse *****es" is because with very very bad gear, many of the curses still rock. Life Tap, Amp, Decrep, Lower Resist, all are extremely useful with just 1 point in. Enchant however, requires a few +skills to be useful, and mega +skills to be "godly". Level 54 Enchant is...hard to get.

10. Ragnarok Moon

Ragnarok Moon IncGamers Member

Lord Nyax how much dmg does ur enchant add? it must be friggin insane....lvl 54!! YIKES!!

11. Iuris

Iuris IncGamers Member

Whenever I tried to do exactly that - enchant an entire horde -
    A) the player refused to stay still
    B) it was impossible to keep track of which skeletons are enchanted already