Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Email Notifications

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by templecrasher, Nov 17, 2006.

1. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

Email Notifications

I'm not sure if this has already been covered or is under review, but I have not had any notifications since the forums got upgraded. I tried a search, but everything was old and involved peoples spam filters. Any ideas?

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Does your email autodelete anything it regards as spam or does it simply get routed to a junk mail folder?

3. templecrasher

Neither - I have cox cable (@cox.net address) and it usually delivers all my spam straight to my inbox.

edit: did the "from" address change with the new servers? I can try adding it into my trusted sites or something. I use Outlook Express to get my mail, if that makes a difference.

4. Dredd

That's a possibility - it's happened to me a couple times over the years. Editing my safe list solved the problem. I'm getting all of my notifications and haven't noticed any address changes though, so I'm not entirely sure what's up. I had a quick look at your private profile - your control panel settings are set correctly, so there isn't a problem there.

You have email alerts for private messages turned on - try sending yourself a PM, then go see if you can locate the email. Check the address and make sure it's on your safe list.

I have zero experience with Outlook - so I can't help you there.

5. templecrasher

6. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

I haven't been receiving email notification since the forums changed servers so I doubt it's a spam filter issue.

7. templecrasher

Anyone else have some insight on this? I know it's a small thing, but it really helps me keep up with things.

8. templecrasher

I changed my email address in my profile to my Yahoo address and it works fine. I am still trying to find out why it doesn't work with my cox address - I have all spam filters off and it just won't come through - as a matter of fact, I don't even get the "change email confirmation". I have put in a request to Cox to see if they are blocking it for some reason. Is there anyone I can contact with the forums to see if they (for whatever reason) don't send to/have other problems with Cox addresses?

9. Dredd

Elly or Rushter.

10. rykuss

rykuss Banned

Ugh! Outlook Express, I never could get that damned thing to work properly.