elite shield

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
No, the highest resist automod is +45. Only paladin shields can have a resist automod.
I think by grey, he means socketable (a socketable item is indeed grey, whereas a paladin-specific shield with auto-mods appears white).

Is it possible to have a shield that is +75 resist all i n grey?
Concerning non-paladin shields, all shields able to get 4 sockets (Monarch, Aegis, Ward) can be socketed with 4 UMs to get **% to all resistances. Even with 4 perfect diamonds, you will reach a wooping 76% to all resistances.

Concerning class-specific shields, all paladin shields can possibly get 4 sockets and 45% to all resistances as auto-mod. Thus, socketed with 4 UMs, you can reach 133% to all resistances, and with 4 perfect diamonds, 121% to all resistances.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
I think by grey, he means socketable (a socketable item is indeed grey, whereas a paladin-specific shield with auto-mods appears white).
You've never seen a grey socketable pally shield with auto-mods? (Maybe your wording is just throwing me off.)

The simple answer is: "Yes, but only if the item says 'Socketed ______ Shield' and is socketed with Um runes, perfect diamonds, and/or resist-all jewels."

Apophis

Banned
oh yes,you're right,but i was reffering to krischan answer, he didn't say how the shield should be,socketed,unsocketed..so i messed up my thoughts

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
oh yes,you're right,but i was reffering to krischan answer, he didn't say how the shield should be,socketed,unsocketed..so i messed up my thoughts
You can e.g. put 4 pdiamonds into a nonmagical shield with 4 sockets and have 76 res. The shield will still be grey. Paladin shields with Um runes can have up to 133 res that way. In case the OP didn't mean that, I'm not responsible for his lack of precision :tongue: