Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

elite sets info

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mstrnicegui, Apr 2, 2004.

1. mstrnicegui

mstrnicegui IncGamers Member

elite sets info

I have come close to collecting all of the 7 elite sets, just missing 2 pieces from both griswold's and m'avina's. I'm planning to start an account to hold 7 chars, one for each set. I'd like to get some ideas for builds on those sets, as I haven't played all the characters yet.

Sorc, I plan to do a meteorb build, cause the one I have now rocks.
    Barb, I plan to do a conc build, already tried ww, as I hear ik conc barbs are as successful as ik ww barbs.
    Necro, I plan to build a bone build, as I've done a summons and that's not fun for me.

I haven't ever played much of the other 4 classes, so I'm pretty clueless for them. I don't need any super in-depth coverage if you don't want to, just some direction. Thanks.

2. daskidude

daskidude Banned

NECRO: the full trangs set is bugged, so you don't get any fcr with it on, so a bone nec might not be so good. psn/summon is the way i went with it

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Don't do Bone with Trang's as he said

Aldur's, I'd suggest a Fire Elementalist
    Gris I'd suggest Martyr, Avengar of Fanatic Missionary
    Mav's Strafe or Freezing Arrow
    Nat's I'd say Pheonix Strike

Trang's Summon
    Sorc Pure Orb
    IK WW
    Aldur's have all be made by me, and I'm starting Mavs atm

4. mstrnicegui

mstrnicegui IncGamers Member

Thanks for the responses. That's enough to get me started, it's easier when I have a starting point. I think I will try a poison/bone necro with trangs, just because I have seen people with trangs do it and still be successful. I don't plan on dueling with him, so he doesn't have to be godly. As for the other suggestions, I'm looking in to them.

5. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

People have apparently had some success with Griswold's set stuffed with Lightning Facets and used with a Holy Shock Zealot.

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Oh, I collected these sets too :) - congrats, its alot of fun playing them!

Sorc: NEVER a single element build - it´s a waste. I have one FB, Meteor/Blizard and she is just godly. Meteorb build will work as well.

Necro - I found my bonemancer most boring of all chars I have ever built. He is effective but :sleep: ... just don´t repeat my mistake. I have no expirience with other necro builds.

Zon - I have a strafe/cold build and I l love to play it!

Pally - my zealot have this set and it works very good even with empty sockets. I suppose every build can be good - with hammardin as only exception.

7. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

i've done two of these so far, here's my experiences with them:

trangs is a lot better suited to a poison necro with the - poison resistance on the gloves, but due to the casting delay bug this set's mainly for show. you can build a much better necro using almost all of the trang pieces, but it's simply not as stylish. still, going through nightmare and getting enough levels isn't much of a problem.

my current mfer is a nat wearing trapassin, even though nat's set is more geared towards a martial arts assassin. still, the set gives a decent number of +skills and makes you ultradefensive (30% damage reduction, tons of resists especially with fade), so i use it to keep her alive. so far, this one if my favorite character, but i might rebuild a MA assassin to see how it does with nat's stuff.

8. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Set chars

Hey cool idea, a character for each set. Some comments though:

Don't do bone with Trang's. There's a bug with the casting speed (animation related I believe), so you will cast pretty slowly with bone spells compared to a normal setup. I did a pure summoner and that was pretty good. Skellies and Mages fight while I meteor.

I tried both an IK conc and IK WW and I liked the IK WW a lot more. The lack of a shield and slower speed on the maul makes conc barb fighting difficult and tedious. WW was much more fun.

Sorc - I've completed my Tal set recently, and my meteORB sorc (max CM instead of focus on fire) has been doing great with it. It's just a good set overall, especially with the resists and MF.

9. s2mega

s2mega IncGamers Member

this might sound silly, but what's a good setup for running for these elite sets? what's a good stats/gear setup? i mean more generally than for a specific build...
    (personally i run a windy at lvl 84, leveling a normal act 2 def merc now)