elite ribcracker for polar bear

phool

Diabloii.Net Member
elite ribcracker for polar bear

I'm making an SP polar bear type druid (cyclone armour, whirlwind, maul) and got a ribcracker. If I made this elite, (req. lvl 57), how long into the game would I be able to use this (i.e. kill things very quickly and not die all that much)?

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Polar bear=Cool name:)

I'd say an upgraded Ribcracker is an end-game weapon...It has huge damage, is reasonably fast (remember to socket Shael rune) and very good other mods (Defence, & Hit Recovery, load of Crushing Blow:)). It's actually a very awesome weapon! Even the best runewords will be hard pressed to beat this stick!

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
It is most definatly an endgame weapon. An etheral one with zod and the right amount of ias on your gear turns your bear into one hell of a killer. One question though....you say whirlwind, that is a barb skill..?!?

Phil

Diabloii.Net Member
not to hijack the thread but if anyone on useast ladder or non has an upped one that i could just see, i would be much obliged.

thanks
phil

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
Beowulf said:
It is most definatly an endgame weapon. An etheral one with zod and the right amount of ias on your gear turns your bear into one hell of a killer. One question though....you say whirlwind, that is a barb skill..?!?
Would a non eth one with an Ohm, essentially be the same?
Well other than being cheaper and having to repair it.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
buttershug said:
Would a non eth one with an Ohm, essentially be the same?
No...An ethereal one would do insane damage because Ribcracker can get up to 300% enhanced damage...This combined with the much improved base damage of an ethereal Stalagmite:). A non-eth Ribcracker would be much better of with a Shael rune because then it will go from 9/6 Fury to 8/5 which is quite a considerable speed difference. More than enough to make up for the 50% enhanced damage from Ohm...not to mention a lot cheaper.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey those palabears (pally using Beast r/w to turn into bear) has some nasty defence with defiance, etc and their block rates are sweet - i think Zero-unit has a guide on palabears/wolfbarbs. Hmm according to Arreat Summit a quaterstaff has base weapon speed of 0 while a stalagmite has 10 - is this true or an error?

Grobyc

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
Hmm according to Arreat Summit a quaterstaff has base weapon speed of 0 while a stalagmite has 10 - is this true or an error?
Seems like it is true since D2data says the same thing.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
bluedragoon said:
10 less ias, but loaaaaaads of more dmg. If u really mind 10 less ias dont up it :), and miss out on like 300 dmg ?
Not that annoying ;)

If Ribcracker didn't change base weapon speed when upgraded it would be a natural 9/5 Fury...which means you didn't have to Shael it, which you pretty much have to now.

bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
well i just found one( 291 % ed thank u very much diablo gods) and i think of making some character with it. Will u hear the sound that the staff makes when u hit somebody if u are in werebear/wolf form ? cuz the sound is just amazing, ur just slapping people with a stick and killing em like mad :).

ps: maybe a paladin with holy freeze and no holy shield ?

sorry for the hijack :p

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure you still hear the "whacking" sound when in wereform...

A Holy Freeze paladin would be a waste of a good Ribcracker in my opinion...much better to get a nice fast 1-handed weapon + good shield. Zeal is capped a 5 frames with 2-handed weapons...I think, so 1-handed is the way to go. Ribcracker was made for druids:)

bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
Lazy_BerZerker said:
I don't think you can zeal in wereform. :p If you were talking about a weretemplar?
no i was thinking just holy freeze, but fury would be the best i think. I also have an oath 2hander(feral axe) with 700 max dmg, isnt that better then an upped cracker ?(lol cracker, omfg lmao rofl)

GlennDanzig220

Diabloii.Net Member
bluedragoon said:
well i just found one( 291 % ed thank u very much diablo gods) and i think of making some character with it. Will u hear the sound that the staff makes when u hit somebody if u are in werebear/wolf form ? cuz the sound is just amazing, ur just slapping people with a stick and killing em like mad :).

ps: maybe a paladin with holy freeze and no holy shield ?

sorry for the hijack :p

Yes, the THWACKthwackthwackthwackthwack sound of Ribcracker Fury is most satisfying, indeed!