Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Elite Eight Returns

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BenRosser787, Jun 14, 2005.

1. BenRosser787

BenRosser787 IncGamers Member

Elite Eight Returns

Well, since Greex's group didn't quite work out, I would like to revive the good 'ole Elite Eight group. Basically, we are a group of eight people who go through the game untwinked. We meet regularly, but never play our group characters outside the group.

Elite Eight always has a theme. For instance, once our theme was Wrath of the Elements, when we all went as characters with elemental damage. Another time we were all characters with minions. I won't pick a theme yet, once I get seven other dedicated individuals we'll decide on a theme.

Elite Eight stays away from cookie cutter builds. We like those harder to play guys. We never have Hammerdins or Meteorb sorcs. We do like odd characters however, such as MojoMancers or Clerics. However, once we decide on a theme we will pick characters.

Elite Eight does not use any hacks. Map hack is not allowed. Bringing in items from the outside is not allowed. Playing outside of the group is not allowed. If you miss a meeting and need to catch up, one of the group members can help you out. This is for safety purposes-there is nothing worse than getting your Elite Eight character TPPKed.

Now, signing up. I need your account name, times you can play, your timezone (GMT version please), and what you think a good theme might be. I only want people to sign up who think they can make the majority of the meetings, and won't grow bored halfway through and decide not to show up anymore.

Maturity is a plus. Also, please attempt to type as best you can, as it makes it easier on all of us. The goal of Elite Eight is to make it through Hell without a single death, so experience with hardcore is pretty much a neccessity.

Thanks for reading this whole post (If you did, that is ;) ). Please sign up ASAP and we'll get this group started.

2. dapper

dapper IncGamers Member

Questions

I am interested in doing something along these lines, but I really can't commit to a set time as I work and am in the process of getting another job.

If the schedule was latter in the evening or the early morning it might be a little better for me (midnight to 2 or 3 AM central time).

However, after reading the other posts for the group that was attempted previously I do have my questions about being able to get 8 people that could commit to a set time.

So, I'll hold off on commiting till you make a decision on the time and frequency of these meetings.

Patiently,
    Dapper

3. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Elite Eight? wtfpwntomgbbqroxxersmyboxxers!!!111one!!eleven!

Brings back old memories :)

Good luck with the group and I'm sure you can get them all thru hell this time Ben :thumbsup:

I'd join ya if I wasn't so wrapped up with WoW.

4. BenRosser787

Oops, forgot to mention this is on U.S. East

5. Greex

Greex Banned

I would like to join this group. I understand if you dont want me to because you to believe i am at fault for the destruction of gop. But If not then Im more then willing to join up. I want to play with new people and make more friends. My old ones are getting boring as all they do is mooch (ask for rushes,items,etc..)

My account is Magickfinda on east I sometimes play on Greex but not very much anymore. Peace out

=====Jordan

6. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Well that's all Ben does so I wouldn't be grouping with him if you're trying to avoid that. :uhhuh:

7. BenRosser787

Yup, that's me. Rush until the countess then magic find Bishibosh with my 1337 "Eld" shortsword.

8. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh IncGamers Member

I´ll join the group if gr33x does not, reading his earlier posts made me sick. I do not like playing with people who are in general rude and his obvious mood swings aren´t those of a human being i´d like to socialize with.

I´ve played HC now for about 5 years, my account is *Rassikaffi2 on useast.

Been looking for a thing like this for a long time now, hope this works out.

9. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Dang the Elite-8 is reforming.... GL to ya folks....

10. Greex

Greex Banned

I just had a problem with a couple of people due to confrontations with them in actual game. If Im creating that much of a problem then Maybe i shouldn't join the group. gl anyway guys. Hope you have fun.

11. Lord Penguin

Lord Penguin IncGamers Member

Id like to join if my reinstallation of d2 works out. I will be makeing a new account... im not new to this forum just havent been here in long and forgot my old pass(was phillup gravez). Anyway ill post again when i finish my install and test.

12. Solien

Solien IncGamers Member

I'll play. I haven't played in forever. I use to have lvl 96 Paly, and lvl 92 paly in season 2. Season 1 with lvl 89 Necro. I however, have to revive my account.

Name: Solcisted
    Aim S/N: Aquadefiance
    Timezone: Eastern (Can play all day - Summer)
    Email: [email protected]

Contact me anytime.

13. BenRosser787

Ok, so far I have:

StarvinMarvinh (Since Greex dropped out)
    Lord Penguin (Possibly)
    Solien
    rawrj (Possibly)
    Myself.

Anyone else who is interested, please sign up.

Something I forgot to mention is the item policy of the group. If we find any decent items, we will return to town and discuss who needs the most. Class specifics will obviously go to that class. If there are two of the same class, then whichever build could use it the most gets it. We have one person dedicated to collecting runes/gems, and will hand them out freely if anyone needs them. However, higher level runes the majority of the group must agree to give to someone if they need it. The gold is pooled, if you need gold, just ask another member. But remember, the person who asks for gold must be ready to give to someone else when they need it. This group works together completely, if you enjoy running around like a maniac and not sticking with the group, don't bother joining.

This group sticks together. We don't rush ahead of other members in any area. If the majority agree on it, we will explore areas such as the cave, pit, etc. If anyone in our group does not wish to go to a certain area (Safety reasons) then they may remain behind in town while that area is explored. We get all waypoints and do all quests. The sticking together part has two functions: One, it makes the group more enjoyable for members who don't rush through the game. Two, it drastically increases the safety of the group.

14. Lord Penguin

Damn that sounds good but unfortunately i dont hink ill be able to play unless anyone knows how to fix my little problem.... I used to have a voodoo 2(yes.. :lol: ) and the game worked fine.. now im on a geforce4mx(laugh again). Diablo likes voodoo much better and im getting nasty fps... its really bad for hc and i dont play sc. Anyone know of a patch or something that makes it run better on non voodoo cards? Otherwise good luck to you all. :(

15. BenRosser787

Go to Start/Programs/Diablo II/Video Test. Click Skip Test. Select the 2D option. I had the exact same problem, and this fixed it perfectly.

16. Jezmonster

Jezmonster IncGamers Member

I will give it a go

Never really tried anything like this. I am sort of a loner, but what the heck.

Account: Raypauljez (but I think I might make a new one)
    Time Zone: Central
    Play times: Prefer Evenings (Tues- Thurs) between 8:00 - 11:00 Central Time
    Theme?: Speed Kills (use slow spells and fast attack spells and cold)
    E-mail: [email protected]

FYI, I will be vacation the last week in June and the 2nd week in July, so I can't play those weeks.

17. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

Im up for this as long as this doesnt confront with work.. 8pm + Eastern time is good for me.

*Blood_N_Glory

18. Lord Penguin

I think ill be able to play.. thanks for the tip looks like its workable now. :clap:

*Lord Penguin

Preffered class is paladin and ranger build but i can do any non cookie cutter paladin as well as other classes.

Edit: BTW what realm?

19. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh IncGamers Member

Since i´m in i´m going to be playing a vengadin with conviction aura and resist auras for backup and synergies.

When do we meet and where?

20. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

this is going to be us east i believe