Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Elemental Thrower PvP

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Calizzar, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

Elemental Thrower PvP

Hey guys i was wondering if this idea could be any bit successful in public duel games.

The plan is to use lvl 25 conviction to burn their resists, and throw at them with dual dream and gimmershred. I want to also load up on 290 poison charms, im thinking about 25 or so.

This would give me about 5000 max lightning damage from holy shock, 1300 cold/fire/lightning damage from gimmershred, and 7250 psn damage over 10 seconds from psn charms. And hopefully my opponent 's resists will be pretty bad with my conviction.

The good thing about this is i can just use my dream palabear, because its all the same skills and stats.

I havent checked but i think i can hit the 9fpa breakpoint which is the max for throwing with paladin.

2. niner

niner IncGamers Member

I can say that with Whateverdin all that have foolishly PK hunted me while I rush pvm have died by the gimmer.

3. Calizzar

I would also want a good amount of open wounds. But it seems like i can only get to 10fpa. Not much difference but...

What i was also thinking is ditching dream shield and gimmshred for widowmaker and shoot some guided arrows.

4. Calizzar

Another question. Say you get conviction on them and there resists go to -50. You hit them with a guided arrow and your poison damage goes into effect.

If you switch auras, does the poison damage then start effecting them less, even though it has already taken effect, or since you already hit them that 10 sec poison damage still says at doing damage against negative resists?

That was a hard question to word...

5. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

conviction does not affect enemy poison resist

psn charms would be almost useless (not to mention very expensive), you would be better of with some nice ele dmg charms

6. Calizzar

haha wow i forgot about that. that shoots a hole in a plan..