Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Elemental Druid the way Blizzard meant it - does this work?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ed from Russia, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Elemental Druid the way Blizzard meant it - does this work?

I play a Hunter Druid quite often, but am starting to look at building an Elemental one. I was wondering if anyone ever thought of a build like this ...

It's based on the 2 'ultimate' Elemental skills, Hurricane and Armageddon. The synergies seem to work out pretty well, and for some reason I have the idea this is how Blizzard thought it would work.

Skill distribution
    20 Armageddon
    20 Hurricane
    20 Fissure
    20 Cyclone Armor
    10-20 Volcano (to boost damage for Armageddon)
    0-10 summons if that's your style, e.g. Grizzly and/or Oak Sage.

The duration of Armageddon and Hurricane are boosted by Fissure and Cyclone Armor respectively: 20 points in each skill makes 50 seconds that Hurricane and Armageddon are working.

With those points invested, you can have both skills working pretty much the whole time, and by running around you slow monsters and damage them with cold and fire. You have Cyclone Armor up all the time plus good defensive equipment, and you use Fissure to take out packs of ranged attackers. Volcano is really for synergies, but can help to take out bosses (while you still have Hurricane and Armageddon on. Note that both Fissure and Armageddon boost the damage of Volcano, so that gives you a good 2nd option, for example in areas where Armageddon is not effective or in case you want to do 50% physical damage.

The main problem with this build is that I have never used Armageddon and I have never heard anyone who has. Can this skill be used effectively in PvM?

I look forward to comments.

2. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

"The main problem with this build is that I have never used Armageddon and I have never heard anyone who has. Can this skill be used effectively in PvM?"

it is but it takes some time to get used to it. It's hard to aim so realy it's only good for packs of monsters where you don'r need to aim it. A druid like this could do a preaty decent pvm(seen and done worst).

3. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

Hurricane is a bigger waste than anything else

perhaps 20 into tornado (your cyclone would synergize)