Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eldrich runs are worth doing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PublicEnemy, Mar 24, 2004.

1. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

Eldrich runs are worth doing

I have found my first jah yesterday;it dropped from a minion of eldrich in a public baal run;actually i have found my best drops from eldrich when i was teaming up in public baal runs:3*100 pdsc,one 377 % ed cryptical sword,the jah...all these dropped from eldrich and minions in full games,within a week;the more people,the more they drop magical and rare things;the magical drops are often good ,especially in full games;or maybe is it a coincidence?

2. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

I wouldnt run shenk and edrich exclusivily. I ussually hit them before I go to the pits, but they dont drop uniques or sets very often. once every 10 runs on average for me. lots of junk and one shako are all that I've ever gotten off them worth keeping.

3. krmetal

krmetal IncGamers Member

Now that you brought it up, I have noticed that if I run eldrich and shenk by myself in my muling games, I get crap. But when I run and do them while in full player games, the drops are much better. Last night I got Taebaecks ward off of eldrich in a full game.

4. Jak

Jak IncGamers Member

Yeah, my usual MF run is Andy, Pit, Meph, Eldritch, Shenk.

So far from Eldritch I've gotten a Lightsabre and from Shenk I've gotten a Carrion Wind Ring.

But right, not very often...

5. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

I have found more from my eldrich/shenk/pindle runs than I ever found from the pits. I can honestly say that in the past 2 weeks (I just started back with the game) I haven't found crap in the pits. Eld dropped me vamp gaze and SS. Not a bad haul.

6. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

You can do 60 Eldritch runs in a half hour and 6 Pit runs. But in 60 Pit runs, you're sure to find more than in 60 Eldritch runs. It's all a matter of time.

7. Inu

Inu Banned

One Pit run = 5 minutes? What you use? A singer Barb? ;/

ANd Eldritch drops are dependant on people in game because his mob of units are affected by number of people in the game while he himself is not. Same goes for Eldritch.

And Eldritch can max drop such as Tal Rasha armor but the chances of him dropping it compared to Pindleskin is like 1/20 or so.

8. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

I'm talking, from entering the game, to exiting the game. 5 minutes is pretty quick, I never stop. But unlike some people, no maphack means no helpful insight into the twists and turns, nor finding the Pit in good time often.

9. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

To find the pit easily just go from the outer cloister and follow the path downward, it'll branch one way towards the pit and one way towards the black marsh, so that narrows down all your searching :D

10. Inu

Inu Banned

Like Ebuski said. 5 minute Pit runs are very slow.

11. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Inu makes a good point, Eldrich has a really low chance of dropping anything useful in comparison to pindleskin.

12. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

5 minutes is not slow.. I'd even say it's faster than average. Maybe you are a fast reader, I don't know. And most people don't like stressful runs. It's like taking a tour.. I do pit runs only when I enjoy them - so I do't run the pit at my full speed most of the time.

BTW.. if you time it, you may find yourself slower than you think.

Okay. I'll stop ranting about bragging. This forum is built for both, right? heh.

13. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

ROFL ... I started a pit run the other night as Seinfeld started ... I was wrapping it up just as the show ended ... about 25 minutes :thumbsup:

14. Sam74

Sam74 IncGamers Member

OK, thats scary. Those are the exact 2 high items I've gotten from them....

15. Huntingtons

Huntingtons IncGamers Member

well... dont exclude any place for mf'ing, myself i do it all the places in all games... i like meph runs (not for meph tho) like andy runs (not only for andy :p) i like it all... as long as i enjoy it i give a wandering... thing... about how fast or what i get ;)

but pits surely are fun imo... execpt act 3 ones :p

16. Inu

Inu Banned

Well you can "tour" pit about 200 times and see how much you enjoy it. I Teleport down and chain/tele away...

And yes, I've timed myself.. 2 minutes average. 3 if there's lots of pesky LI bosses T_T

Most people are casual players :)

17. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

ah.. more bragging... so more ranting here.

There are just too many people bragging their "deeds" here.. so what?

And.. what does "casual" have to do with your point in the above (inu) post? :scratch: I leveled my sorc from 70 to 92 in the pit, how does that compare with 200? And it makes the pit boring? sad for you... Don't quite get what you wanted to say besides bragging.

18. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

schlip imo Inu isn't bragging, people are just giving valid information that their pit runs take 5+ minutes, Inu is just saying that 5 minutes is not the average time that a pit run takes, and by giving his//her info it shows that there is still potential in getting more efficient pit runs.. i don't find he//she is bragging at all

19. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

Well.. maybe. But I reason not only from one single post. His/her information is often helpful - I agree and was not trying to take that away. And it is always good to get some response, positive or negative :)

Thanks for the advice.

20. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

From my personal MF experiences, the Pit isn't nearly what everyone cracks it up to be. 200 + Pit runs and I have a Fleshripper and a Jade Talon to show for them. I can do Worldstone and Baal easily with my skellymancer, so that's what I run. Oddly, my only Eth Zerker I have found was from Eldrich ;)