Eldest person playing?

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
BigAl said:
I am 56, my friend who also plays is 58... and I started with a commodore 64.. and remember "Bard's Tale" as my first rpg computer game.. which was as addictive as Diablo and DiabloII.
Hey, I played Bard's Tale. Wizardry was better, though.

kernelpops

Diabloii.Net Member
exhibit A said:
A-Team? Sure :)
Knight Rider? Sure
Battlestar Galaktica. (Old one. Lorn Greene. Shinning planet known as Eaaaar-th). ah-yup.

I think the show you were really looking for was..
Don't forget Dukes of Hazzard and Dallas, friday nights at 8 and 9, and Friday night Videos before there was MTV

I'm 35 and still play quite a bit.

Seaskye

Diabloii.Net Member
Just turned 47!

Played Diablo for years went through 2 disc, was a D2 Beta tester , then D2 LOD.
I've play Starcraft/Broodwar also, my son was a rabid player of that I think we went through 3 disc!

Hmm retirement home playing WOW, something to look forward too!!!!!

Seaskye.

Herosis

Diabloii.Net Member
rplusplus said:
I'm 36 an have played DII up till I switched to WoW. I will probably play video games till my eyes go completely blind.

I recall that there was a post where a 69 year old grandmother played all the time.

R++

hey you remember the old Commodore Pet 2000 with the monchrome like 6 inch screen and tape drive? lol

I'm just about to turn 31 and ive been playing since i was 29. Amassed quite a fortune in those two years. thinking when ladder season 3 starts ill start playing ladder again, but until then im just gonna stick with nonladder. Might even try a hardcore character or two.

Herosis

Diabloii.Net Member
exhibit_a said:
Won't work.

A-Team? Sure :)
Knight Rider? Sure
Battlestar Galaktica. (Old one. Lorn Greene. Shinning planet known as Eaaaar-th). ah-yup.

I think the show you were really looking for was..

McGyver :)

Of course, now that we're generationaly challenged..Ah-ha, Dixies Midnight Runners, Flock of Seagulls or Duran Duran music pumped way loud with six packs of New Coke, Rubik's Cubes and chicks in tight pants, belted big shirts and with big hair will get us running (shuffling) every time.

I am a child of the early 80's and quite proud thank you very much :)
Knight Rider and Battlestar Galactica....man two of my fav shows back then. I can't believe you left out Buck Rodgers tho. i mean come on.....lol

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
Herosis said:
Knight Rider and Battlestar Galactica....man two of my fav shows back then. I can't believe you left out Buck Rodgers tho. i mean come on.....lol
more than 25 years later i still have nasty dreams about colonel wilma deering....trying to do the math erin gray has to be in her mid 50's now

zXz

Diabloii.Net Member
Herosis said:
I absolutely loved galactica. then again I'm sure part of it was because I had such a huge crush on Starbuck :eek:. Funny you mentioned this show too cause was only a couple of days ago my bf and I were talking about how much we both enjoyed it as kids. and since its now to late to lie and say I'm 21 I'll mention my real age which is 38. and yes in case anyone wondering? I am a woman :lol: started playing because my kids were always talking about the game and I never had the foggiest clue what they were talking about. So i figured the best way to do it was learn it by playing it. and that was ages ago

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
zXz said:
I absolutely loved galactica. then again I'm sure part of it was because I had such a huge crush on Starbuck :eek:. Funny you mentioned this show too cause was only a couple of days ago my bf and I were talking about how much we both enjoyed it as kids. and since its now to late to lie and say I'm 21 I'll mention my real age which is 38. and yes in case anyone wondering? I am a woman :lol: started playing because my kids were always talking about the game and I never had the foggiest clue what they were talking about. So i figured the best way to do it was learn it by playing it. and that was ages ago
I guess you dislike the new one.:eek: a female Starbuck?! Blasphemy!!!

Being 20, I grew up in the Computer age corrupted. I rarely play DII now because I found some more AD&D mates to roleplay with.

rykuss

Banned
Im 30 now, been playing a couple years now and don't intend to stop. On the generational pk issue, my best friend who is 30 also, plays side-by-side with his son now 6 and his brother 28 who also has a son now 8 that plays. We also play with his uncle 40-ish and his two sons both in their mid 20's. D2, bringing families together......for pk-ing...lol :lol:

-havok-

Diabloii.Net Member
Im 25 in a month or so and am feeling quiet young again, usually feeling v old with soo many kiddies running around bnet !

I also started on the speccy 48k, games such as:

SabreWolf
Jet Set Willy/Manic miner
Atic Atac
Dynamite Dan

i also remember fairlight, but so young at the time I didnt really get very far...

I love the idea of LANs in a retirement home! :D

Skinnayman

Diabloii.Net Member
Well im 17 and I am the oldest person I know in real but I know a few people on the game with a few kids and even there kids play.