Eldest person playing?

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
I used to play lo-res games on my Vic-20 and was always jealous of the kids with the C-64's...more so when the C-128's came out, they blew me away...ahh the days of tape and waiting 10 minutes for a screen to load up...oh wait I'm on dial-up so it's the same thing...Maaammmariiiies...

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you say "Zork"

Walk to the north. "You see a door to the East and a path to the West."

Open door..........

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Hmm, it seems it's time to admit that I'm 37. As you might have concluded from my post count, I'm still unmarried :)

I didn't have enough money to afford a computer before I left school, so I bought my first computer, an Amiga 500, in 1987. The very first "computer" game I played was a kind of Pong, and I also remember a bowling game on an ASCII terminal of a computer at the company where the father of one of my friends worked. That must have been in the late 70s or very early 80s.

Pegasus

Diabloii.Net Member
I am 42 and my wife is 44 and we have both played since the first days of D1.

My first game platform was an Atari (2600?) (1975?) that came with Pong and Space Invaders.

exhibit_a

Diabloii.Net Member
I seem to be middle of the road at 37...I like that :)

First game was Hitchhiker's Guide..(put mail on stachel, put towel on drain..), and I won't include pong and the like..though for the time, those were fun.

Didn't have a comp until I frankenstiened an old 286 together. I got Civ (the first one on 4 floppy disks :) ) when I upgraded to my screaming 386.

Started playing D1 when I got my first Pentium (a P60..fear :) )

Now that Moore's law has been broken, who knows what is next...it'll be a fun ride though :)

Tanith

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, that makes three of us who are 37. I don't feel so weird anymore. Not that it bothered me or anything like that...

Tanith :D

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm... this gives me an idea.

*turns Matlock on*

Look everyone, Matlock!

*steals all their l337 items while they slowly wander over to the television*

BlahBlahAsia

Diabloii.Net Member
And the winner is.........

BigAl!!! Thanks heaps guys, you've given us all hope that we can play till the sun goes down. Hope you all have fun. Take care, look out for those gloams and Diablo Clones!
Love the generational PK. See ya. From Doug. Come say G'day if your in brisbane, I'll shout you a beer. :clap:

Growlor

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I really thought all the other people here

were either high school or college aged. I am 38 this year, but feeling much better about hearing of people from the generation before me playing/posting. I love to play this game, but am always wondering if there will be a knock on my door "Excuse me Mr xxxxx, but could explain to me exactly what you are doing hanging out online with a bunch of 13 year olds?" Yikes!

Growlor

BigBadBrett

Diabloii.Net Member
Aged 44. I joined the Mature Gaming Association a couple of years ago, they have wide variety of ages mainly playing D2 but slowly drifting into newer RPGs.

Umm Doug, that beer sounds good. I'm down the road at the Gold Coast.

exhibit_a

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord_Shinnok said:
Hmmm... this gives me an idea.

*turns Matlock on*

Look everyone, Matlock!

*steals all their l337 items while they slowly wander over to the television*
Won't work.

A-Team? Sure :)
Knight Rider? Sure
Battlestar Galaktica. (Old one. Lorn Greene. Shinning planet known as Eaaaar-th). ah-yup.

I think the show you were really looking for was..

McGyver :)

Of course, now that we're generationaly challenged..Ah-ha, Dixies Midnight Runners, Flock of Seagulls or Duran Duran music pumped way loud with six packs of New Coke, Rubik's Cubes and chicks in tight pants, belted big shirts and with big hair will get us running (shuffling) every time.

I am a child of the early 80's and quite proud thank you very much :)

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
exhibit_a said:
Won't work.

A-Team? Sure :)
Knight Rider? Sure
Battlestar Galaktica. (Old one. Lorn Greene. Shinning planet known as Eaaaar-th). ah-yup.

I think the show you were really looking for was..

McGyver :)
:)
That wouldn't work because i would sit down and watch all of them as well. I pity the fool who wouldn't!

teksyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Turning 29 in a couple of months. And I thought I was the oldest person playing this game. I will probably play video games for the rest of my life, well as long as they have the replayability of Diablo2.

My first video game system was an Atari 2600, Combat baby.
Since then I have turned into a sort of video game collector and currently own all these systems: (and still work!)
Atari 2600
Atari Computer
Intellivision
ColecoVision
Nintendo
SuperNES
Sega Genesis
N64
PSone
PS2
GameCube

My first computer was an Apple IIc (dual disk drive baby). Since then I have owned an 8088, 286, 386, P1-66, AMD-400, Celery 900, and my current P4-2.0gHz. I also have an SGI. The first MMORPG I ever played was various MUD's back in the early 1990's, PIT and Tradewars. BBS anyone? :)
Since then I have been addicted to many RPG and Action RPGs, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Diablo1, and of course Diablo2.

Long live veteran gamers!! :D

chicagobullit

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm 36. it's good to know there are some mature players out there. i feel really old playin with the kiddies online at times.

useast ladder *chicagobullit11, 12, 13, 14 whisper me if ya need some help or a norm rush.

later, john

exhibit_a

Diabloii.Net Member
sahlakh said:
I'm only 21 and sometimes feeling really old in the community =P

I miss being 21.

Really, I do.

I miss being 25 most of all though. Too young to care, too young to know better, old enough to get into trouble and young enough to be let off the hook.

I partied my best then...
I screwed around the most then..

Only drawback is that I was broke the most then.

Youth may be wasted on the young, but wealth is granted to the old :)