Eldest person playing?

BlahBlahAsia

Diabloii.Net Member
Eldest person playing?

All of us love this fantastic game. But how old are you? I'm 25 and I can't see myself ever giving it up. So does anyone's grandparents play? Are you a grandperson yourself?

How old (young with stlye) is the oldest person playing this game?

igbt

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm an old man at 50. A co-worker is over 60 and plays. At least until his shoulder and arm start hurting from the mouse clicking!

BigAl

Diabloii.Net Member
I am 56, my friend who also plays is 58... and I started with a commodore 64.. and remember "Bard's Tale" as my first rpg computer game.. which was as addictive as Diablo and DiabloII.

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm 36 an have played DII up till I switched to WoW. I will probably play video games till my eyes go completely blind.

I recall that there was a post where a 69 year old grandmother played all the time.

R++

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm 30.. thats right I hit the big three-o a couple of months back. I still play D2 sometimes but not as often as I used to. Right now I'm looking towards WoW or Guildwars.

I'll still be playing computer games at the nursing home when I'm 90, if I live to be that age.

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm 29.

Until he got a new game I played (on Asia1) almost every night with a Canadian guy that was 45. On the nights I didn't play with him I played with his 8 year old son. On the nights they weren't on they were on East playing with their father/grandfather who was in his sixties. I hear generational pk is fun.

I can see a future when we will all be begging our children to send us to the retirement home - by then shuttlecock and bingo will be long forgotten and we will all be playing computer games (but retirement homes being what they are a lot of us will only be able to play DII because the computers won't be able to handle WoW let alone anything else).

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually feel young being 23 years now :D

Not like on bnet, that seems to be filled with 14-16 year olds... There I feel like I'm a grandfather :lol:

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
BlahBlahAsia said:
All of us love this fantastic game. But how old are you? I'm 25 and I can't see myself ever giving it up. So does anyone's grandparents play? Are you a grandperson yourself?

How old (young with stlye) is the oldest person playing this game?
Well I am 50 and been playing since the Clive Sinclair days. And DIABLO I won in a competition set by Blizzard on its release in the UK :)

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
DANIEL3RD said:
Well I am 50 and been playing since the Clive Sinclair days. And DIABLO I won in a competition set by Blizzard on its release in the UK :)
First Dungeon game I ever played was Rogue on a Sinclair. A whopping 8k of memory and a single 8" Floppy.

R++

Jugalator

Diabloii.Net Member
26 and ALSO played on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum once...
I guess I'm just old enough to be somewhat part of the Sinclair era. :D

edit: lol, what in god's name has happened to my avatar (stored on rpgforums.net too!)... Looking very strange here at least... Oh well, can't be bothered to fix it :)

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
Jugalator said:
26 and ALSO played on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum once...
I guess I'm just old enough to be somewhat part of the Sinclair era. :D

edit: lol, what in god's name has happened to my avatar (stored on rpgforums.net too!)... Looking very strange here at least... Oh well, can't be bothered to fix it :)
started off with manic miner, jet set willie, Halls of the Things and Fairlight on Spectrum 48 and then discovered Dungeon Master on AMIGA. Never looked back :)

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
i hate to say this but i remember playing the first ever home video game...i think it was the odyssey...i am guessing 1972