effectiveness of Cloak of shadow vs bosses

mystified

Diabloii.Net Member
effectiveness of Cloak of shadow vs bosses

I am currently tweaking my pvm kick/trapper.
i am totalling loving her as it is, but I think she can do with bit of tweaking.

she is built with eni, and i tried to save as much skills to talon, ending up 4 kicks with Stormlash, her AR somewhere along 8K region.

I don't think AR will be much of an issue in normal monsters and CoS does good job at reducing their def to 50% effectively.

but do CoS work 100% vs bosses, unique monsters, and champions like the way copnviction does?

or does it have penalties like CB?

depending on which, I may have to invest some sources of AR or -def gear (like eth on Stormlash lol) since I am not running conviction on my merc (I am cheap in a way..:p)

PS what would be optimal choice for gloves and socket in Stormlash?
currently running trangs for buffed psn dmg and using just rings for LL. I was considering Dracs and/or amn in Stormlash. think it is worth it?

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: effectiveness of Cloak of shadow vs bosses

Skill -%defense works at 100% vs bosses of all types, regardless of whether it's from CoS, Conv, BCry...

It might sometimes appear that it doesn't work well on Act Bosses, but that's because of their blocking, and often their still high defense and the level comparison too.

improvius

Diabloii.Net Member

Just be sure you never use it against Ancients when playing online. It'll kick everyone off.

mystified

Diabloii.Net Member

thanks. so I don't need masive AR :)

improvius// why? people don't like CoS cuz of darkness effect or something? than I will just ignore them ^^

improvius

Diabloii.Net Member

improvius// why? people don't like CoS cuz of darkness effect or something? than I will just ignore them ^^
No, I mean it will literally kick them out of the game. Everyone, including you, will get disconnected. The skill is bugged in some situations.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

No, I mean it will literally kick them out of the game. Everyone, including you, will get disconnected. The skill is bugged in some situations.
Can't say that's my experience with it :scratchchin:

Long time since I did ancients with a sin though.