Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Edge runeword - single player - using plugY

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by creamedfrombehind, Sep 16, 2010.

1. creamedfrombehind

creamedfrombehind IncGamers Member

Edge runeword - single player - using plugY

Ok, this is a totally noob question and i don't know if it's been asked before. I'm using PlugY right now. activated, just created and edge - edge bow - check the item, it says all the stats on it. level15 thorns aura blah blah blah. equipped it on my Pal, but my thorns aura is still on LVL 4. what gives\?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Edge runeword - single player - using plugY

The aura from the bow works independently from the active aura of your paladin. If you activate a different aura, you will have the aura from the bow in addition, but itl won't add to the skill level of your paladin's own thorns aura. The aura level of the bow isn't increased by anything, not even +skills items, but if you have a different item which offers a thorns aura as well, the levels will add up.

Anyway, Edge is still very useful, it's one of two items which reduce vendor prices (the other is the Gheed's Fortune unique grand charm).

BTW, plugy users aren't allowed to trade in the single player forum, just in case you intend to do that. Doing it anyway might lead to a permanent ban here. Better check that out by sending a PM to Thyiad, she's moderating that forum.

3. creamedfrombehind

No intentions of trading. thanks for the info. So you're saying I can use my pals lvl 20 holy shock & still get the lvl15 thorns aura from the edge bow all together? sweet.

4. krischan

Yes, that's the point of items with an aura ;)

5. CosmoNova

CosmoNova IncGamers Member

Regarding to PlugY, may I ask why is it forbidden? Does it involve item editting? And how can people tell if the other players actually used PlugY?

Thanks!

6. krischan

I don't know much about Plugy. AFAIK it allows editing characters. Better ask Thyiad or search the single-player forum for information. Just don't ask in the forum right away, that's frowned upon. Better send a PM to Thyiad.

Single-player trading is about trust. Apart from that, items have so-called fingerprints, a kind of unique identifier, which can be determined with ATMA (which is allowed to be used), so duping isn't as easy as it might appear. People might still keep "backups" of those items which they sell, but if you lose overview, you might be caught. That will lead to an instant ban. Thyiad is particularly rigorous with respect to these single-player issues and her policy finds my full consent.

Even if there's not enough evidence for a ban, other people might act on their impressions (which don't need proof, as we all know from real life) and if you are suddenly wealthy or suspiciously lucky (no matter if you cheated or not), they might become wary and refuse to trade with you or shun you in general.

To anticipate a debate about what's regarded a hack for us and what's a "mod": Everything is a hack, except we say it's allowed. That's not subject to debate, but we put a lot of thought into these decisions and we listen to what the forum members here think. However, that doesn't go so far that something will be accepted just because it finds a majority of supporters.

This is just my understanding of how things go in the single-player forums and not an official mod statement. Thyiad might correct me where I'm wrong.

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Pretty much correct krischan. :)

The bit to remember is that the Single Player community don't all play solo. We trade and we team. So once someone enters our MP/trade pool they play by our rules.

Single Player Forum MP Forum and Single Player Trade Forum have a list of allowed mods. The one you mention isn't. If you MP or trade within the SP community while using anything not allowed, you will be banned.

I don't think any Moderator is going to post a list of ways we catch people who are cheating. That really wouldn't be a very good idea. ;)

Any further questions on SPF/SPTF rules, PM me.

Thanks for the heads-up kris. :)

8. creamedfrombehind

thanks for this insightful info. i don't play online and just do this when i have my "alone" time. i'm currently mf'ing NM and probably stay here for a while. my character is weak.