ED% Jewels bugged or not?

rev129

Diabloii.Net Member
ED% Jewels bugged or not?

Do these jewels increase LF damage or is it bugged? I have been away for a while and I recall something about these not reallying increasing the damage. Same question for Lightning Facets. Would I benifite putting either of these in my helm? Thank you for answering.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Do these jewels increase LF damage or is it bugged? I have been away for a while and I recall something about these not reallying increasing the damage. Same question for Lightning Facets. Would I benifite putting either of these in my helm? Thank you for answering.
ED% jewels won't increase LF damage, but it's not a bug. ED% only works on physical damage.

Jewels with the ED% *AND* +min/+max affixes are bugged, but plain old ED% jewels work just as they were intended.

Virility

Diabloii.Net Member
How are these jewels with ED% with +min/max affixes "bugged"? I put one in a helm, the extra damage show at the specified amount...somehow I thought it would of affected the damage to a greater degree.....

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
How are these jewels with ED% with +min/max affixes "bugged"? I put one in a helm, the extra damage show at the specified amount...somehow I thought it would of affected the damage to a greater degree.....
If a jewel has both +% ED and +Max Damage, then when you socket into helm, armor, or shields, the %ED will only affect the MINIMUM damage, not the maximum damage. The result is that you'd actually boost your damage more with a 40% ED j00l than with a 40%/+9 Max j00l, if you're socketing it in your armor.

There are exceptions and correlating bugs- for instance, if you socket in a 40% ED Jewel and a +9 max jewel, they will either work correctly or incorrectly depending on the order in which you socket them (I forget the exact rule, but I think if you go ED% first and then +max, it'll work correctly- although don't hold me to that). Also, if the piece of armor in question has its own built-in +min/max or ED%, then the jewel may or may not work correctly (once again, I'm not 100% clear on how this works, so I'll leave the exact answer to someone better qualified than I am).

Virility

Diabloii.Net Member
SsoG the jewel did increase max damage only to the specified amount.....ie 1000-4500 before then with the jewel 1000-4515. The jewel replaced one with the same ed% but with 3 dex. I guess that is a good thing. My disappointment was that it ONLY gave that specific amount. I was hoping, well expecting there to a larger boost. A boost where it was added to bow base damage and skill would then add the respective percent, thus giving a greater boost. O well.....