ebotd giant thresher

mynamesucks

Diabloii.Net Member
ebotd giant thresher

would this hit with the same speed for a wolf as a ebotd gpa and would it be worth it to make ebotd in an eth giant thresher at all

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: ebotd giant thresher

Sadly, an EBotD GT is 5% WIAS away from a 4 frame weapon. As such, the reason Great Poleaxe is preferred is for greater damage, as they are both 5 fpa fury weapons. Personally, I think they did this intentionally, as they also nerfed the cube recipe to make 4 frame swords >.> -always knew Bliz was really a bunch of O'Neill's-

Damric

Diabloii.Net Member

giant threshers make good "doom" weapons for fury though.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

I still think Doom is a funny (see: unnecessary) fury weapon. It always gets recommended for use against smiters, most of which use Grief phase blades as to no lose a frame of smite attack speed when holy freeze flashed by bvc's (who use two for a higher level combined aura), so how is a lower level holy freeze from Doom going to be beneficial?

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Doom is a decent weapon for some duels but the ctc's can cost you the duel at times. Stick with ebotdgpa/eth tomb.

PacoQuerak

Diabloii.Net Member

I still think Doom is a funny (see: unnecessary) fury weapon. It always gets recommended for use against smiters, most of which use Grief phase blades as to no lose a frame of smite attack speed when holy freeze flashed by bvc's (who use two for a higher level combined aura), so how is a lower level holy freeze from Doom going to be beneficial?
good smiters use zerkers... smiters who try to use pb vs a bvc will most likely lose as they are easily clipped. Doom is also helpful as it makes them take longer to charge you or run up and smite and thus makes it more likely for you to hit them, also i'm not sure on this but cleglaws claw might bump them down to the slower breakpoint in addition.

I just got 2 kills on the "#1 smiter" on east ladder a day before reset and would have had more but he decided to become enraged and run off and life tap monsters to heal himself before he died and then nk me lol...
he was using exile btw...

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

Good smiters holy freeze flash and telesmite against bvc's, not relying on clipping, but that's a whole other discussion.

If a smiter is using a berserker Grief, then he can very well be slowed. If I had my old fury-rabies wolf, I'd probably be using the stash space for a Bramble, Enigma, Fortitude, gpa, and a bunch of other stuff and wouldn't worry about a Doom, but that's just me. :wink:

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member

If a Smiter charges a Barb he deserves to die. Good ones HF Flash then tele Smite, negating the range and benefit of Doom and they can use Cleglaws just as effectively. If they decide to HF flash they'll most likely destroy any Wolf they come across since that's guaranteed to knock us down a frame, especially with Cleglaw's thrown in the mix.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

If a Smiter charges a Barb he deserves to die. Good ones HF Flash then tele Smite, negating the range and benefit of Doom and they can use Cleglaws just as effectively. If they decide to HF flash they'll most likely destroy any Wolf they come across since that's guaranteed to knock us down a frame, especially with Cleglaw's thrown in the mix.
Which reminds me, I need to make that robo...IIRC 4 frame weapons stay 4 frames, regardless of slow effects.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member

Top 3 BoTd 2 handers for wolves:

GP - highest damage ... reach 5
Glorious Axe - 2nd Highest damage ... reach of 3
Archon staff - Best average damage ... reach of 2