Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eaten alive by archers

Discussion in 'Druid' started by jwhite82, Mar 18, 2004.

1. jwhite82

jwhite82 IncGamers Member

Eaten alive by archers

I have started a fire elemental druid and I am having a terrible time defending against the skeleton archers and other creatures that use bows. My dexterity is only at 26, if I increase it will that help with some of the defense?

2. Ragnarok

Ragnarok IncGamers Member

No problemo!
    Those skeletons are just crunchy snacks for your grizzly and if you have that life spirit, those arrows dosen´t hurt so much.
    If you need some defence, hire that defiance aura merc and you and your minions gain nasty defence boost.

if you want to put your points to dex, its ok. Just use shield, the higher dex, the higher bloking rate. Easy.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I'd hesitate to invest in Dex unless you are planning on getting a good blocking shield later. Dexterity as a defense booster is usually a big waste of points.

But Oak Sage and a Defiance merc will help a ton.

Good luck!

4. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

if you want, put an Eld rune into a Whitsan's guard. with like 80 dex you will have an ok block %, enough maybe to withstand some archer shots. Eld'd whitsans is definitely the way to go if you want to see what block% it could bring, most blocking possible.

a good socket suggestion for getting a couple of % points out of a whitsans is to use the Ko rune in a weapon for 10 dex. waterwalks provide 15 dex and some direct defense vs missles, maras has 5 on it, shako 2, HoTo has 10 dex as well. ways to not lose +skills and still have some decent blocking. you dont need 75% to see a difference, 50% will allow you to survive (turn runwalk off though!)

5. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

1) get max block on a good blocking shield
    2) run in, MB them, run out.
    3) get a cold merc
    4) get someone else to kill them for you

:bow:

6. bowdion

bowdion IncGamers Member

Another option dependent on level and finances is using physical damage reduction items (like string of ears, etc..)

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ya know, DR 50% max on a guy, i dont see it doing that much, well as much as I would have hoped. the 75% block though does the most. yes of course the two does better, but nothing compared to the 75% block if you remain still or walking.

WHat might work is items with -20 damage reduced. but they are for melee types who dont need skills as much.

a defiance merc is a nice option, one i never considered.

oh, i dislike HF mercs, the monsters take sooooo long for current hell speeds to be chilled. and archers still pummel you. i dislike it. better a defiance merc from normal mode I think nowadays.

get him stone, defense vs missles and such is pimp to get. Steel pillar, +4 ariocs, or ethereal spire of honour will further boost this guy into mega armour land. 1200+ enigma and a jalals is nice. upgraded jalal's and a metal grid with elite gloves, boots, belt and a stormshield would be unstoppable AC.

8. Dementor

Dementor Banned

Here's a unique solution, but a good one. As an elementalist, he'd like useing ravenlore. Use this hat to actually summon some ravens. Their blinding attack will disable their ranged attacks. Plus, they act as a good "radar" to see where the mosnters are, since they see the beasties before they come on to your screen.

9. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

yeah probably a very good solution if you ahve a lot of +all skills gear. 2 sojs, hoto, arachnid, maras... then it gets a fairly high % to trigger. probably worth 2-3 points in it cuz +7 and skills would make it a very decent level.

10. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Darksight helm when you get past lvl 46. Use CoS on those annoying archers. Just save up your Ort/chipped amethysts.

Darksight Helm
    Basinet
    75-84 +2*Clvl Defense
    30 Durability
    82 Str Required
    Item Level: 46
    Clvl req: 38 -4 Light Radius
    +2 Defense per clvl
    Cannot be Frozen
    +5% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    6% Chance of casting slvl 3 Dim Vision When Struck
    Level 5 Cloak of Shadows (30 Charges)
    +20-40% to Fire Resist

I used it for my hammerdin in pit before I found other solutions. Works well.

11. GIR

GIR Banned

For a lower level solution make a Nadir helm. Pretty cheap - Nef+Tir. CoS charges and +Defense vs. Missle.