East -vs- West

Khianna

Diabloii.Net Member
East -vs- West

I've been reading all sorts of posts and little things keep coming out about East and West. I play HCL West.

I was just wondering is there a different gaming culture on East versus West.

It seems there are more team games and more trading going on in East, but this is only my impression from reading threads as I have no first hand knowledge of East at all. It also seems like East seems to be more active in these forums.

Anyway, since I don't know, thought I'd ask.
 

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
East is Hardcore Mecca. The finest of the finest North American Diablo players are there. You'll find the best PKs, the best traders, and the best dueling action.

West is kinda blah for HC. Seems to be first on the block (IMO) for the latest hacks.

Europe I have no idea about other than my ping sucks there.
 

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
ConnerMacleod said:
East is Hardcore Mecca. The finest of the finest North American Diablo players are there.
The sucks like me are also there
:drink: <--- why I suck at D2
 

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
Keep practicing Maccool, 8-10 hours a day is all the game asks. Just avoid friends, family, your job, and take up a healthy caffeine habit and you'll get there.

And if anyone questions you, pay no mind to them, they are just noobs. :drink:
 

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't say that the difference between East and West is quite as drastic as Conner claims, but it's generally noticeable.
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
ConnerMacleod said:
Keep practicing Maccool, 8-10 hours a day is all the game asks. Just avoid friends, family, your job, and take up a healthy caffeine habit and you'll get there.

And if anyone questions you, pay no mind to them, they are just noobs. :drink:
Also, play naked so that no static discharge builds up in your clothing and goes ZAP and some crucial component of your computer dies and that makes you die.
 

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
MoUsE_WiZ said:
Also, play naked so that no static discharge builds up in your clothing and goes ZAP and some crucial component of your computer dies and that makes you die.
Bad idea... after gaming for days on end you start to smell. The clothing hides the smell then your birthday suit. o_O

Lucky
 

Project

Diabloii.Net Member
LuckyDwarf said:
Bad idea... after gaming for days on end you start to smell. The clothing hides the smell then your birthday suit. o_O

Lucky
Why couldn't you tell me that sooner Lucky??!!!?!?! 2+2=7

You also forgot to mention that you could possibly stick to the chair, and that small items (i.e. Cherrios, M&M's, dust, etc.) seem attracted to the moist skin, grabbing hold and hanging on for dear life.

--Project
 

baalos

Diabloii.Net Member
ConnerMacleod said:
East is Hardcore Mecca. The finest of the finest North American Diablo players are there. You'll find the best PKs, the best traders, and the best dueling action.

West is kinda blah for HC. Seems to be first on the block (IMO) for the latest hacks.

Europe I have no idea about other than my ping sucks there.
I think there are simply more players on the east. Therefore, you have a larger base so it seems like there are better pks, trades, dueling, but in reality its just because the sample size is different.

Don't forget that the east had to have bots in the gat channel first because of the lamers too.

But some of the coolest people I've talked to are from the east, so I'd say, play where you have the best ping. For me, thats west.
 
first of all, its impossible to have east-west irons.

second of all, its been proven that east have more hc players than west. check the hardcore trade forum if you doubt it.
 

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
I feel like I'm in a Rap Artist debate now.

East Coast down wit' dat. West Coast can't play dat. Ok, do I show my age yet? Ice Ice Baby!

I get the same ping on both realms, I just like East because there's a lot more action in HC. And since there are also more players, you tend to be able to get more ears.
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr.Bogohossian said:
first of all, its impossible to have east-west irons.

second of all, its been proven that east have more hc players than west. check the hardcore trade forum if you doubt it.
Define "impossible" please...you get 4 east people on this forum, and 4 west people, and you see which realm is the last team standing.
Or you do an ACTUAL ironman with the only town being for completion of quests and see which realm gets the farthest.
 

Toliphar

Diabloii.Net Member
The reason to why HardCore East is better than West is the difference in geography. You have alot more Europe players on East than on West and this explains the difference of expertise. :bow:
 
Top