Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Easiest Untwinked Builds

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cheeseflys, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

Easiest Untwinked Builds

Hello, i'm cheseflys and I wan't to know what you think the easiest untwinked builds are.

I belive that a Blizzard Sorceress and a Fireclaw Bear druid are the easiest, specially the fire claw because it can reach 3.5k damage with no gear. The Blizzard Sorc for the 3kdmg when all synergies are maxed. So, other then Hammerdins what else do you think make a decent untwinked character?

2. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

Re: Easiest Untwinked Builds

Skellymancer.

3. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

/vouch.

4. Melchior3

Melchior3 IncGamers Member

Casters are generally easier because theyre less item dependant. Hammerdin, any sorc, Wind druid, boner, skellymancer.
    I went skellymancer for my first guardian because it was safe and easy. Used to run cows, pit, baal, tunnels. Anywhere really.

5. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Seconded.

I hear Trappasin is also quite easy.

6. Turbocannon

Turbocannon IncGamers Member

Meteorb is also easy.

7. Cheeseflys

That's true, but in a way a Zealer can do preety well on it's own, same with a Poison Dagger Necro, they have decent untwinked damage and can do well as long as they use their curses correctly.

8. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Blizz sorc indeed.

Barring the 'LOL SUPERDAVE FINISHED NAKED WITH CRACKED SASH' replies, I'd also like to say that beating the game with an untwinked nec summoner is much harder than people make it out to be. People tend to overlook the frustration that comes with skeletons dying all the time, monsters that can take long times to kill, bosses that are utter pain, problems with positioning the army, mana problems, etc, not to mention heavy defensive issues with your nec that can cause you lots of deaths, especially all over act 5.

Lots of people talk about how easy x and y is, but haven't tried for themselves. Some even act as if hell is a joke to an untwinked summoner/sorc/whatever. Truth is, solo untwinked play is damn tough and can be very frustrating (except for a hammerdin =)).

9. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

If I were to deny possible guilt I might be lying, I confess to sometimes using second hand advice, sorry world.

P.S. There is the word untwinked for when you only use items that you find yourself, we need a word (if there isn't one) for when you just make a build yourself, without referring to guides or asking to see if it's viable or where to put your stats ect, suggestions?

10. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Better do a summoner, other builds will be a lot more fun after that :p

11. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

I don't think that's completely true. For some added protection you can get mages and bone wall/prison. Summoners do get a rough start though.

12. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

I've made a skellymancer pretty much everytime I've started from scratch and I think it is by far the easiest char to start with. I usually don't even put a single stat point until late nightmare (exception if I find an item I want to use I put some str). If you want to die a lot, build an untwinked sorc. :crazyeyes:

13. Cheeseflys

Ha, you kidding? A Hammerdin dies alot more then you think untwinked, sure they have decent damage to live, but the main reason f a hammerdin survives is because of there 15k damage that wipes out all come near it, if you can't run and cast with only one 3.2k damage at time it can be kinda hard. For a untwinked character, it's live off a lot damage that continues that can be done by a lazy person (Blizzard) from each bolt hitting 1k if you just maxed Blizzard it can be more suitable for you don't have to constantly recast.

14. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I generally agree with you. But I think that what you meant (which apparently hasn't been clear) is that it isn't trivial to play these characters. It does take a fair bit of planning and skill to play a naked summoner.

Also, I started an untwinked trapper and got bored before I even finished nightmare. Not once did I meet any real opposition. That character was far too easy. Perhaps if I get her to hell, I will find some actual challenge.

15. ale beer two

ale beer two IncGamers Member

QFT.

very good build untwinked.

True, but nm is very easy for nearly any build, so essentially any build will get bored, as their is no challenge. Extra true for chars that dish out big damage, eg untwinked trapper.

16. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

I wouldn't go this far but I agree. My first real char was a badly built fury druid (totally untwinked obviously), not the strongest build in the world, and I did NM without that much difficulty, couldn't finish hell though.

17. raishi

raishi IncGamers Member

nearly anything with a little patience...