Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Earth Shifter?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by pipermac, Mar 23, 2004.

1. pipermac

pipermac IncGamers Member

Earth Shifter?

Just found an Earth Shifter. I have never made a Druid before so I was wondering what the best build would be to make one centered around earth shifter.

2. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Have you done a search yet?

I believe it's been discussed many times and the majority say Fire Druid would be best suited for this type of weapon. His long range attacks keeps him from getting hit the most, which would hurt 'cause there's no shield involved.

If you were to try a Wind Druid, his close range attacks would likely end in death and frustration. Especially gangs of archers, ouch.

Perhaps this weapon would work well with a Geddon Shockbear? Not too sure on that, it's worth a try I suppose. Check here

3. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

yeah an ethereal one with a Hel rune would be best for a pure elemental build.

otherwise, go non shifting melee/fissure build. remember, the club adds to synergies of it if you dont put a point into Volcano. 14 base synergy is quite a lot and you save 14 skill points.
    like the Marrowalk and carrion wind bug, i doubt its a bug though.

4. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

how bout a fury//armageddon wolf druid? You could be doin 5k fury melee dmg with 5k rocks rainin down around u

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Slow attack, though.

And why wouldn't it be a bug? Charges are different from skill points, and if it was a feature they would have said so.

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

eh i feel its an easter egg.

and druid has the best chance of swinging a huge club thing faster than another class, and i have gotten necro's to zip with big axes, so shrugs, can be done with earth shifter.

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Necros get a speed increase from gear besides weapons, that helps just a little. Don't be ignorant.
    http://www.myimgs.com/data/eltoro/Screenshot096.jpg Shh now with your easter egg babble.

8. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Wow, didnt know about earth shifters charges. I could use it for its synergies on my FC/ Rabies druid... Its too bad it attack so slow, because using stone runeword, earthshifter and carrion wind woulda been fun.

Does anything they will fix the synergy bug ever? Because if it does get fixed , my FC rabies druid will be screwed, lol.

9. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

That helps just a little? I have gotten 80+ ias on gear plus a 40/15 in a messers to swing it way better than most barb builds will ever see it.

my ignorance? how about read my post and it says non shifted, so im implying that druids can swing the maul quite fast if they dont shift and work on ias gear instead of worrying about being stuck in shifted-non-ias-non-spell land. druids get a better swing on a maul than other classes, so they can make it work. like a melee necro with a good axe and set up.

and with all the SUDDEN increase in charges on elites and high end jewelry, it is obvious that blizzard wanted to give shortcuts to great hibrid builds without having to resort to level 129 cap being established. look at other excep and elite uniques of past and the jewelry, no charges. not a fluke.

and when i see fenris i want to see fenriswolf from now on. sheesh, he's nicer. :p

10. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

and as I say in my above post, dont take this as a bug. i am certain it is not. a fully melee druid would not be able to shine in hell if it wanted to use rabies if not for that bug.

and, with Lower resist no longer effecting magic, a sudden change, it would be difficult to make a good bone necro or a good bone/golem necro hybrid. melee necro works well now that they can use a good boost to their shielding.